Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 Discussion Thread - February 23, 2014 from Minneapolis

TPIB

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio and Big E vs. Jack Swagger for the Intercontinental Title has been added to the card. I guess Batista vs. Del Rio was inevitable, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. As far as the IC Title match goes, I would have rather seen Big E vs. Mark Henry. Sure, it probably would've been a train wreck, but it would have been more interesting.

Guest Ciaran The King

I too was thinking Big E/Henry, it makes sense. Swagger just hasn't got the appeal anymore, but I'm thinking is Swagger wins then maybe a title match or triple threat at WM featuring Cesaro.

Batista/Del Rio just isn't worth talking about

The Chamber match and Wyatts v Shield are what this show is all about. Anything else that materializes is just a bonus.

I'm off work on Monday and its on Sky Sports so I'm going to stop and watch this show, looking forward to it.

Guest Jimmy Redman
This Chamber lineup, on paper, is the most stacked I can ever remember. Just in terms of guys being on top of their games as workers. Bryan and Cesaro are #1 and #1a in the universe, Sheamus isn't far behind for 2014 so far, Cena is Cena, Christian has been great since returning, and Orton has been motivated lately. This has some serious potential.

Guest Fatherof10minis
This PPV could be one for the ages between the chamber match and the shield/wyatts match. Plus the next night with all the possible returns and the true build for all the mania angles makes for one hell of a 1 2 punch this weekend. I am stoked for this big time.

Shield/Wyatts is what its all about for me. Its been built really well and everyone involved has been excellent promo wise in the last month. I am finally being sold o Bray since the Bryan angle, I think he just needed to go up against an opponent I really like for me to get into him.

The Chamber I'm sure I'll enjoy to an extent, but if this was on Box Office and not Sky Sports, I wouldn't be rushing to pay for it. I'm only really interested in it from a booking perspective to see what direction they are going in for Mania.

Guest Ciaran The King

I haven't got Monday off but I'm still watching this.

My only fear is that WWE don't undo all their hardwork over the past few weeks and hopefully at EC buy having veterans and part-timers overshadow the Shield/Wyatts/EC combatants the next night on Raw

Guest BarrettBarrage
This PPV is really shaping up to be a good one, even though some of the matches haven't had the best build up. Imo they've done Wyatts vs The Shield very well though from a hype building perspective.

Guest Edgehead
I really hope Cesaro is booked well in the Chamber. I know he won't win it but after his win over Orton & stellar performance against Cena they could really set him up to be a legit main eventer in 2014

Guest Ciaran The King
I'd say Brock too, but I feel if Brock does take the spot of Christian he has to win. You can't have the Beast invade the chamber then lose, doesn't make sense in my book. That could possibly lead to a Triple threat match at WM but then where does that leave the Undertaker?

Guest Edgehead
I never saw the point of having Christian in that match, I'd be more than happy to see Brock take him out & take the title while he's at it

Guest Fatherof10minis
From what i have read recently they have said Brock is not gonna be at the chamber now which would lean back to just going with Christian who seems to be making a slow heel turn which would be fine with me. He is a much better heel.