Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

CM Punk has gone home?

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman

Well. This is interesting.

C.M. Punk reportedly told Vince McMahon last night that he was going home, and did so. That's where things stand right now. At this point, he's off everything going forward.

- WO

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman
Punk has looked terrible for a while now, physically, so I guess whatever his problems are they finally made what he must be putting his body through not worth it anymore.

I just wonder if the PPVs being on the Network has something to do with this. I would imagine the contract Punk signed in 2011 got him a significant PPV cut, and if the PPVs (especially WrestleMania) aren't going to be generating specific income then he's losing a massive amount of his contracted income from it.

If that is the case then at that point it's hard to not feel sympathy for him, why would anyone stay in a job where they're not getting paid what their contract states?

while I'm not a fan of them losing my favourite wrestler, it actually works out pretty nicely for them with their current angle. They could easily work this into the Rumble fall out/Bryan/HHH/authority stuff, and it gets someone who's clearly not happy away from the locker room at a time when they could without anyone stirring up issues with other wrestlers when a lot of them will probably be unhappy with contracts and clamouring for revised deals.

also as has been mentioned, I think Punk getting a break right now will be good for him.

To quote the man himself:

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to pour money into this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Vince McMahon is going to make money despite himself.

The problem here is the original report isn't really clear into what this means. It could very well be a break, storyline or indeed the end of Punk. So may be the case of wait and see for further reports. But the break will do him well, get rested up and back in time for mania and the summer of punk if it is indeed time off.

Guest The Beltster
He's probably just using his stroke to up his Mania pay day. As the show creeps closer, he might think WWE will become desperate to have him (God knows why) and will offer him a big chunk of change to do the show.