Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

CM Punk has gone home?

Guest Jimmy Redman

As much as I think it's true I have this overwhelming feeling it's a work. Think Pillman in 1996
And if you think of Pillman in 1996, you'll remember that it was Eric Bischoff who was actually worked at the end of that scenario.

Oh, and Pillman left WCW never to return, so if you're comparing that angle, you'd be of the opinion CM Punk is never coming back.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there really is nothing pointing to this being a work other than it taking place within the pro wrestling industry. That's it, that's all anyone's really got.

Usually when a promoter is out there screaming pretty loudly "this is real dammit, this isn't a work!", it's a work. Nobody's screaming anything right now.

It's also nothing like the Pillman situation at all. There are no rivals, no noticeable yet much smaller companies with growing fanbases that Punk can go to to flesh this whole thing out and even if there were he's still under contract anyway.

Edited by CMHunk

I've already seen folks posting on various boards that this is the start of a build towards Austin vs. Punk at Mania, with their idea being that Austin would try to reason with Punk, saying he walked out on the company and it's always kinda niggled him, and how Punk should come back and finish things properly, which then turns into Punk and Austin getting into it and wrestling at Mania.

Now I don't think for a second it's gonna go down like that (if it did I would be ecstatic, but it's not, so I don't know why I'm even entertaining the idea), it was just a weird spin on the whole situation that I thought was worth sharing.

I would be surprised if relations between Vince and Punk have completely broken down. I don't doubt Punk has snapped, needs time off and has gone home, but I would suspect Vince being a smart guy, has let it happen knowing that Bryan can go up against HHH, and he'll have a better chance of getting Punk at his best down the line. Basically at this stage I'd be surprised not see Punk back in a month or so. Maybe after the Elimination Chamber or something.

Guest Ciaran The King
This does remind of the time Austin walked out and everyone said he took his ball and went home. I'm expecting Punk to return in time for WM

Guest HH-Evolution

I'm actually of the mind that he's gone and, most probably, won't be around any point this side of summerslam or beyond.

Whether he'll come back at all is a whole other matter, but if he's THIS burned out...well, that's life, right?

Guest BarrettBarrage

The best thing to come out of this so far are Ryback's Tweets.

"I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest."

Guest The Beltster
Meltzer is saying Punk wasn't happy about having to face HHH at WM which has mightily pissed HHH off. He also said although he won't publicly say it and will leave any negotiations with Punk to Vince, HHH 100% does not want Punk back in WWE.

I don't know when his contract is up or when his no compete clause would be up,but I'd imagine NJPW would be his only possible place to go money wise? If Gabe still has the book in ROH I would of imagined he would of done the odd date there?

I'm inclined to agree, he's made his money and he doesn't seem like the workaholic type who lives for it. I think he'd be more than happy just chilling out in Chicago or wherever, just doing some martial arts and watching sports all day.

If that's the case, fair play to the man, that's the life I'd kill for.

Guest The Beltster

He said he'd like to go to the UFC and apparently Bellator are interested...no, really.

I'd love to see CM Spunk get his scrawny ass handed to him in an MMA fight :lol PLEEEEEEASE let it happen.

I'd like to see it too, not for him to get his ass kicked because I'm a fan, but just for the spectacle and to see how he'd get on. He'd probably lose, but you never know eh, he might surprise a few people.

Whether his body these days at 35 is up for it though is the big question, I'd be doubtful.

Guest John Hancock

He'd probably be okay in Bellator if he was super protected, or against an older name guy who didn't care anymore. He'd get eaten alive in the UFC though. As far as I know, he's never trained in striking, and virtually all his jujitsu training is gi-style, which doesn't really translate into MMA too well.

He'd probably do pretty well on the submission grappling circuit though. There's no money there, but that's not a problem for a guy like him, and he'd probably have a lot of fun.