Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

CM Punk has gone home?

Guest Jimmy Redman

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could easily work this into storylines and play it to their advantage anyway. The fact so many people are questioning whether it might be a work shows that it could be a useful part of the Mania build up anyway.

Outside of that, other than the fact they wouldn't have to keep paying Punk money, it'll have zero impact on them financially or in terms of viewing figures etc. As others have said, they don't really need anyone bar possibly Cena at a push and I'm not even 100% sure about that.

This is kayfabe 2.0. Punk gets some home and resting up time and wwe can put some focus back on Bryan without them admitting to screwing up er whatever they did that has everyone so buttmad.

You heard it here furst.

Edited by Maxximus

Meh. If it means 3 months less of whiny, auto pilot Punk then I'm all for it. Let him rest, let him heal, and if he wants back in, fair enough. If he's not 100% into it, Punk seems to have a tendency to coast

Guest John Hancock
TMZ, which can be a little hit and miss, but isn't totally unreliable, is saying Punk basically demanded to headline WrestleMania, and went home when Vince said "no". They also claim he's been down on the company for a while because he was so against the idea of Batista winning the Rumble, and generally just doesn't like the state of modern wrestling.

I'd be gutted if he has gone, but can't blame him and completely understand his frustration. They dropped the ball with him after his WWE Title loss to The Rock at Royal Rumble 2013.

One of the best wrestlers on the roster, I would have expected him to be back in the title picture by now.

Guest John Hancock

If it is a work, it's a particularly boring one. Two contract dispute angles in a row for the same guy, and two anti-corporate gimmicks on the same show? I mean, don't get me wrong, WWE has some shitty writers, so I'm not saying that's not the case, but, if it is, God-damn.

I don't think it is though. There was no mention of it on RAW when it was supposedly happening backstage. I pray Vince is above this Russo working the boss bullshit.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I know we all have to say "it's a work" at least once when something happens so nobody mistakes us for stupid gullible marks , but calm down people. It's not a work.

Guest John Hancock

How's it a work though? Who's it working, seeing that the WWE haven't even acknowledged that it's even happened? You think WWE leaked a story to media sources they despise, which are people are even banned from talking about on air, in the hope that the tiny percentage of people who both care about wrestling and read dirtsheets will feel mildly silly when Punk turns around and... does what he was doing anyway before this leaked, even though that's exactly what they did two years ago, almost to the letter, and even though they already have a main event angle in which an internet-favourite baby face is portrayed as an outside with the company?

So the work is that they're secretly running a story which they won't talk about, about a backstage incident at a live, televised show, that happened whilst they were on the air, but chose to not show or even hint at, which most people don't know even happened, which hasn't been confirmed or even recognised by anyone actually involved, that's the same as something they're already doing, and is the some as something they've already done with the exact same guy that they're currently doing it with? That's a great angle that is, I'm sure Vince Russo's weeping with jealousy.

Still, spirit o' '96.

Edited by John Hancock