Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

CM Punk has gone home?

Guest Jimmy Redman

Meh, I couldn't care less about Punk Vs HHH at Mania anyways, Punk always comes across as a spoiled brat to me.

THIS!

Punk is a dive/douchebag in real life, so I couldn't care less if he goes. To me he's WAY overhyped in the ring and looks uncoordinated/unathletic as ****. Aaaaaand the only reason I "like" him as an onscreen character is when he's being a douchebag (face or heel) because I know that what he's actually like in real life.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest windycitysteve

Could be a work, but I find it hard to believe he would give up a WM pay day!Even though he did say in a recent interview how unhappy he was with the product right now..

I think he does probably need a break and come back fresh for what maybe his last run as he has spoken openly about other options and how he does not want to stay too long..

Strange occurrence after his performance at the Rumble.

thing is, if what's reported is to be believed he doesn't know what that Mania payday is right now and nobody wants to clarify it for him. He's believed to be in a good financial position anyway, knows that he won't realise his main eventing Mania dream this year, and doesn't actually know how beneficial it'd be for him to hang around financially if he does.

Also on it being a work, literally no wrestling journalist right now is reporting is as such. Doesn't mean it can't be, but they're all pretty much taking it to be legit.

Guest windycitysteve

thing is, if what's reported is to be believed he doesn't know what that Mania payday is right now and nobody wants to clarify it for him. He's believed to be in a good financial position anyway, knows that he won't realise his main eventing Mania dream this year, and doesn't actually know how beneficial it'd be for him to hang around financially if he does.

I agree with that, he does not HAVE to work, and if he is unhappy with the program they have for him then he probably made the right decision, I do feel the product is going downhill fast and I think WM XXX will stink up the joint in New Orleans...

I've become a massive Punk fan, and I had pretty much no interest in him Vs HHH for Mania.

I'm also very much not a fan of Daniel Bryan at all, but him facing HHH at Mania will, I imagine, get a far greater crowd reaction and thus add a lot more to the show. Will make plenty of sense storyline wise.

I'm still not entirely convinced Mania's going to be great this year, but that has nothing to do with Punk/HHH/Bryan. I'm with JR, I think the card is better as a result of this assuming they go with what's expected now.

Guest windycitysteve

We will see , but with or without Punk I agree with CMHunk that it will be a bit meh and they have to move on without the guy,like when Austin walked in 02 I think.

So whats the main event in your opinion and do you think HHH should be on the card??

Guest Jimmy Redman
So whats the main event in your opinion and do you think HHH should be on the card??

If you assume the card becomes Bryan/Hunter, Orton/Dave, Brock/Taker and Cena/Bray, then you put either Taker, or Bryan if he's winning, on last. Orton/Dave will still flop in that position, it just doesn't have any heat.

Hope its a work, or just a rest for Punk. If he truly stays gone I'm gonna be a sad panda. I only like about five guys in current WWE, can't really be affording to lose the ones I do.

Guest windycitysteve
That is the card I see happening too so on that basis I will definitely not buy the PPV, it will be interesting in terms of crowd reaction and the following night on RAW, which again this year I believe will be a better show than Mania..sadly.

Guest John Hancock

I was considering posting this at the time, but I didn't think many people would find it interesting. Given this, it's now in a new light. Here's CM Punk, about a week ago, on a very UFC-centric show (meaning he's out of character) talking about basically not thinking the WWE is any good apart from him and Bryan, that the WWE network is going to cost all the wrestlers a lot of money, that he hates the schedule, that he considering quitting, and that he wants to just do Brazilian jujitsu all day;

(I can't embed it, so you'll just have to trust me)

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/24/5340578/cm-punk-talks-future-in-wwe-and-mma-brock-lesnar-wwe-network-ufc-on

Guest Ciaran The King
This will harm WWE as he is easily one of their top five guys. Punk knows that WWE need him more than he needs them.

Guest BarrettBarrage

At face value I felt a bit disappointed by this news but then I really think about it. Punk has been slouching in the ring for months now; he's a bit of an asshole irl. The guy got given so much these past few years including a kind of average 400 day title reign, The Undertaker at Wrestlemania; Brock Lesnar at Summerslam, but he's still a miserable person all the time. At least now some people who actually want and appreciate the opportunity can get it.

Of course this could all be a work, and if it is. I LOVE YOU CM PUNK

Guest Ciaran The King
Punk returned way to early and they Heyman feud ran for too long. After SS Punk should have been rested until the Rumble/WM season

Guest The Beltster
I'm still not entirely convinced Mania's going to be great this year.
Hogan and Warrior at the same WrestleMania for the first time since 1992...its going to be great!

Punk knows that WWE need him more than he needs them.
This isn't even close to being true. WWE dont NEED anybody, and its not like Punk is this huge draw they can't live without. Think of the real stars they have lost over the years: Hogan, Austin, Rock...and they just keep rolling on. WWE will have Roman Reigns ready to slot right in there if Punk doesn't come back and won't miss a beat. Edited by The Beltster

Guest John Hancock

I'd say WWE might need Cena, but that's probably about it.

EDIT: Someone actually bothered working out who raises ratings just by being on T.V.;

BfBdHnHCUAA3icb.png:large

Edited by John Hancock