Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - April 14, 2014 from Birmingham, AL (#1090)

TPIB

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
Is that John Lauranitis 2 heads over to the left from Punktista?

I'm pretty sure it's actually CM Punk, dressed as John Lauranitis.

Guest Yodahew

How tall is bootista? Swagger is what 6'6? Because he looks shorter than bootista is but that may be because he is in between swagger and show?

EDIT: according to wikipedia bootista is 1.98m and swagger is 2m and punk is 1.88m. The guy looks shorter than swagger even thou his head is bowed. Poss punk but poss bootista.

My head hurts.....

Edited by Yodahew

Guest Fatherof10minis

Wait a minute... So trips says welcome to the reality era. He hates Daniel Bryan and puts him through hell between Summerslam and Wrestlemania, absolutely despises Daniel Bryan as The WWE World Heavyweight Champion and will do anything to make him lose, but allows Bryan to take a week off for his Honeymoon???

Wheres the segment when Evolution follows Bryan on his Honeymoon and beats him down in some hotel lobby or on some beach. What gives man?

Guest Horowitz
That would have been cool. They could have pre recorded something I'm sure. In the vein of Boss man at Big Shows dads funeral :)

Guest Fatherof10minis
They could have pulled the same stint as trips and stephanie mcmahon to and pre recorded big dave or orton marrying a passed out Brie Bella in a drive through wedding. Oh man a missed opportunity.

Guest Drake
They could have pulled the same stint as trips and stephanie mcmahon to and pre recorded big dave or orton marrying a passed out Brie Bella in a drive through wedding. Oh man a missed opportunity.

No. Because that would've mean Cena being involved in the Shield/Evolution program since his Bella is the only one that's not married because he doesn't want to put a ring on her. :lol

Guest BarrettBarrage

Guy in the hoodie looks like Justin Gabriel. Thought this weeks Raw was decent by the way, glad to see some big names in the ic title picture hunt. Though I do worry for Big E. Despite being champion he's really not been given anything significant to help his character development and likelihood is when Cesaro beats him for the title he'll plunder into obscurity.

Edit: Nah definitely Batista.

Edited by BarrettBarrage

Guest Edgehead

The Big Red Machine gimmick is so stale, I actually preferred Corporate Kane.

Still I couldn't help but mark out for Evolution, just needs Flair back to put the icing on the cake

That crowd could have cared less about Evolution being back.
AAAARGH!!!!

Couldn't have cared less. Couldn't.

This is the one "Americanism" that pisses me off.

Guest Ciaran The King

Really good Raw I thought.

IC Title tournament was a novel idea which produced some really good TV matches. Another confident polished performance from Rusev as well, Lana is hott!!!!

Especially liked the Cesaro/Henry match and Barrett/Ziggler. Was also getting into the Batista/Orton v Uso's match but I felt the Shield interruption came too early into it, the match was really getting into a groove just a shame it finished early.

Paige I felt put in a good performance, just can't understand why she had to sell so much????

Cena/Bray promo was good stuff. The reintroduction of the Kane character is obviously to distract Bryan due to the fact of the Shield/Evolution feud looming. I remember they lumbered Benoit with Kane in 2004 when Triple H wanted to do something else. Is there really no one else that could have stepped up to Bryan to challenge him at Extreme Rules???? Why couldn't they have had the Authority instruct Rusev to attack Bryan week after week, that way Rusev get's over quick attacking the true fan favourite and then at Extreme Rules Bryan could prevail but yet protect's his aura.

Loved it when the Evolution music rang out, Nevermind that the 11 heels beatdown the Shield already but Evolution looked good as the domiany veteran heels teaching the youngsters a lesson. Really intrigued to see where this goes longterm as I can't see the Evolution reunion lasting too long. Hopefully this will lead to some good singles and tag matches down the line.

Also the Warrior tributes were nice, as I was watching though I was reminded that only a few years ago they attempted to rubbish his legacy.

IC Title tournament was a novel idea
In what way ? I love tournaments, but I'm struggling to see how this one was a novel idea.
Especially liked the Cesaro/Henry
I absolutely loved the whole "Cesaro to the floor and Heyman advises him to go to their back-up plan" section of that match.

It just came across amazingly well, especially when Cesaro re-entered the ring and just mauled Henry with uppercuts and forearms until he couldn't stay upright. It was beautiful.

From Wrestling 101:

Last week was emotionally draining for wrestling fans. We had an epic Wrestlemania 30 and everything that came out of it. The end of the streak. A brand new WWE World Heavyweight champ. A rising star in Cesaro. Then there was a raucous Raw the following night and sadly, the untimely death of the Ultimate Warrior the very next day. Emotional drainage aside, I was personally amped for this week’s episode so let’s jump into it!

> WWE Monday Night Raw 15/04/14 Recap: The Return of Evolution