Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - April 14, 2014 from Birmingham, AL (#1090)

TPIB

Guest John Hancock

I normally watch RAW on mute unless the Wyatts or the Shield are involved, so I don't know. At least before 'Mania, there were a few. I don't know this for sure, but I have a vague memory of fans reporting being told to stop, or being moved to worse seats for chanting. That might have been for signs though, I'm not sure. You also have to remember that WWE have control of the house mics. Not saying you're wrong though, just possibilities.

EDIT: Evidence that I'm not going senile. Yay!

According to a Feb. 3 report from WrestleZone.com, over a dozen WWE fans were kicked out of last night's Monday Night Raw taping in Omaha, Nebraska, because they wouldn't stop chanting for CM Punk.

"Wow just got kicked out of the centurylink center with about 40 other ppl 4 chanting cm punk!!!! I saw ppl get tossed earlier too #cmpunk," Paul Cernbolis, a WWE fan in attendance, tweeted after the event.

~ WrestleZone

Edited by John Hancock

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
Maybe I'm off base then. I've just not noticed really any chants, shirts, signs or real interest from the fans in him since before Mania, apart from Chris on here, who is shoot gay for him ;)

Guest John Hancock
I think it's probably somewhere in the middle. Vincent K. Stalin did his best to stamp out any sense of fun or fan interaction from his incredibly fun, incredibly interactive Universe™®©, but then that's juxtaposed by the internet losing it's tiny mind, and everyone becoming some sort of mad psychic prophet, interpreting every white man in a hood to be evidence of the second coming. I'd say the average fan is somewhere in the middle of dull apathy and raging, conspiratorial madness.

I'm not bothered by Punk either way. If he comes back, well, good for Punk fans but that just makes him a liar. If he doesn't come back then he's a man of his word and good for him. Regardless, I don't miss him at all. I liked Punk but he was never super over with me.

Disclaimer

I'm only propagating the Punk rumors and sightings to initiate discussion. I in now way personally believe that he's just hiding in the shadows(Sting style) waiting for "the right moment" to show himself or there's some great work they're planning. I already knew that it wasn't Punk in that picture as I found it on a chan board and the discussion topic was "Doesn't this look like CM Punk?" If the conspiracy stuff is over the top and you guys are tired of it, then I apologize and it'll stop.

I think the Punk thing is still going on with quite a few fans, because the entire time I was in New Orleans the main things you heard sporadically bursting out here there and everywhere were either big fat "YES!" chants or spontaneous CM Punk chants in inappropriate places. Like, randomly in the middle of Bourbon St, at 2pm in the afternoon.

Some of us (I've got to include myself, because after it all I'm STILL a stupid Punk mark) just refuse to let this one go apparently? :lol

Guest Fatherof10minis
I think mania was the last straw with Punk chanters. There was always this outside slim shot in the back of peoples minds that Punk was gonna come back at Mania. When he did not return, i think is when it really fizzed out.

Guest Ciaran The King

Just as Punk stated in his infamous promo from June 2011:

"Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to pour money into this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that"

And that's exactly what's happened since the Punk walked out in January. As of that night the Daniel a Bryan seed was fully planted and WWE carried on

Guest Magic
I marked big time for the Evolution music and hand raise at the end. Love it. Keeping my fingers crossed for a bit of Flair but I doubt it.

Guest John Hancock
Only if it's as a face, against the new Evolution. Flair, as he is now, joining Evolution, as they are now, would be some real dumb shit.

Guest Ciaran The King
In all honesty I don't wanna see Flair return as a member of Evolution, I would like to see him interviewed though in some sort of capacity where he puts over Evolution and says Evolutions days are over

Guest John Hancock
He should either criticise them, or stay away from it entirely. If he goes near them, people will like him too much to boo them.

Flair needs to show up do a wooo at the camera followed by getting his shit kicked in by Trips, Batista and Orton to show how brutal the new Evolution is. No one should be cheering this Evolution and that's exactly what would happen if old man Flair joined up.