Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - April 14, 2014 from Birmingham, AL (#1090)

TPIB

Guest HH-Evolution
WWE Buzzwords rarely ever make sense to anyone but those forcing them out - I'll never understand how they think it's a good thing.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Laffy
I think it is because a lot of the people there do not remember him they were to young and now despite Wrestlemania will never really experience what he meant. If you look at the tribute HHH started the Warrior chant with the fist pumping to get the fans to join in. The adults remember him but not the kids.

Guest The Beltster
There was a Warrior chant before Triple H restarted it later and handing out masks to make sure everybody in the first few rows has them on isn't a big deal, they've done that with other people in the past in WWE, WCW and ECW. They used to hand out those foam heads in ECW for Al Snow and the Sting masks in WCW.

Guest The Beltster

Oh. Well WWE are weird and use strange terms. Guys aren't even allowed to use the word belt so....

Gay.

Guest John Hancock

If you people are you going to insist on making really, really terrible CM Punk conspiracy theories, like pretending he looks anything like Batista, why is no one mentioning page 15?

Miscellaneous

CM Punk (INJ - TBD)

INJ means "injured", which he isn't. TBD means "to be determined".

If you people are you going to insist on making really, really terrible CM Punk conspiracy theories, like pretending he looks anything like Batista, why is no one mentioning page 15?

INJ means "injured", which he isn't. TBD means "to be determined".

Because Batista isn't Batista. It's obviously CM Punk wearing a Batista suit.

Guest The Beltster
Does it feel like people are already over CM Punk? Its like he's gone, they rolled one with a great WM and really he's not missed at all with the emergence of the Shield and the Wyatts even stronger than they were a couple months ago. Nobody really misses the guy. He'd get a pop if and when he comes back but if he doesn't, I dont think its made anybody stop watching. Must hurt the ego a bit.

Guest John Hancock
The ridiculous lengths people are going to to convince themselves he never left tells me there's at least a sizeable minority who aren't over it. I can't remember another wrestler's departure being met by so much blunt denial.

Guest The Beltster
Yeah but thats on here...I'm not seeing many Punk signs, hearing many Punk chants etc to make me think most fans give a sh*t that he's no longer there.

Guest HH-Evolution
I encountered somebody on twitter who literally believed nobody was beyond a mcmahons reach, even Punk...I laughed so hard.

Guest Fatherof10minis
I think they have done very well with making Punk just disappear. I mean look, with the storylines they have right now, where would he fit in at this point? I think he looks more the damn fool and selfish ***** now than when he left initially.

Guest Edgehead

I was never a huge Punk mark but I did always like him but I can honestly say I don't miss him either. They've just delivered the best WM in years & the product in general is looking real good right now with Bryan as champ, The Shield becoming top faces & the return of Evolution. Hell even the Divas division has been given a boost with the debut of Paige.

I think WWE have done a pretty good job of sticking two fingers up to Punk & saying "look, we're fine without ya!"

Guest John Hancock
Yeah but thats on here...I'm not seeing many Punk signs, hearing many Punk chants etc to make me think most fans give a sh*t that he's no longer there.

Arena staff are on orders to confiscate Punk signs. If you look carefully, you'll still see all his t-shirts. I guess WWE draw the line at physically stripping their audience.

Guest The Beltster
That explains the signs then fair enough, but how about the chants? I've heard it break out once that I can remember and it fizzled out almost immediately. On the other hand, remember when Matt Hardy (of all people!) was gone, those chants were crazy loud every single week.