Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Why hate John Cena?

Guest Iceman000

Guest Iceman000
Why are people hating john cena? I can still remember back in the days when people used to love john cena. But what happened? Does it become a bandwagon? And what do you think john cena needs to do so people can like him again?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Edgehead
I don't hate Cena I'm just indifferent towards him. He doesn't bother me when he's there but I wouldn't care if I never saw him again

Guest Jamster26

Hate is a strong word.

He has had the same tired routine for the last six or so years and he looks very awkward in the ring.

Guest BeorimJ
I am with King, with the difference, while i do not care much for him wrestling, i do not need to put the wrestler in brackets, because i also respect all the work he does as a wrestler. He is one of the hardest workers in the industry, and while not being as gifted as a Bryan or a Cesaro, he sure knows ho to move and do moves (and more than just his signature moves as well)

Guest Ciaran The King
Why are people hating john cena?

They have been since 2005/06.

Real world Cena I like, wrestler Cena needs a change

Guest Iceman000
the big question is, what does he need to do so fans can like him again? I think, he's trying to do everything already but fans don't appreciate his efforts. he's changing his game now. he can do dropkicks, hurricanrana and some high flying moves but fans don't see his efforts. what else does john cena need to do?

Guest Ciaran The King
John Cena will never be accepted by the 18+ demographic until he completely changes his character, children/women love him, a majority of males over 18 don't favour him

Guest fattyfudge
Yeah I definitely think 18+ fans aren't great supporters of babyface wrestlers like Cena and Bryan as they're aimed more for kids... we like the slightly edgier characters such as the Shockmaster

the big question is, what does he need to do so fans can like him again? I think, he's trying to do everything already but fans don't appreciate his efforts. he's changing his game now. he can do dropkicks, hurricanrana and some high flying moves but fans don't see his efforts. what else does john cena need to do?

You didn't answer my question, what's the need to do anything? What isn't actually working? Is Cena not selling merchant to kids? Are the adult male audience not enjoying chanting against Cena? Your big question doesn't seem to require an answer.

Guest Magic

The reason I don't enjoy Cena is that I'm just bored of him. I've seen him every single week for ten years, and now I want something else. If I'd eaten pizza every day for a year, by the end of the year I'd probably be sick of it and would thoroughly enjoy some fish and chips. This is no different really.

So what do I do? Do I bitch and moan about Cena being featured so prominently every week? No, that would be retarded because I would be moaning about something I'm choosing to do. Instead I just skip his bits, watch the stuff I want to see and let the people who do like Cena enjoy him. Every body wins. There is enough good wrestling around that you can skip some stuff you don't like and still have plenty to enjoy.

Or maybe it's just none of my favourites have been burried under him for a while so I'm feeling kind to him. Its probably that :lol

Edited by Magic

It's not John Cena himself that I have issue with, it was WWE's insistence on pushing John Cena over EVERYONE as some kind of Superman who perseveres against all odds. It's the same kind of thing as how I hate TV shows where the good guy automatically wins without any real threat or peril to the character.

Don't get me wrong, I know he works hard, and I know he does lots of good work for charidee (couldn't help the Smashy & Nicey reference), but I could do without him being pushed as the guy who overcomes every obstacle put in front of him. Mainly because it's boring. I like my characters to develop and have some kind of journey, whereas even when they do try something different with Cena, he's right back to being the same old "overcoming odds and giving dumb juvenile promos" John Cena within 6 weeks.

Right now I don't think there's anything they could do to make me "like" him. And I don't even think it's anything to do with Cena himself. He has tried to put folks over from time to time, but then WWE always resort back to depending on Cena as soon as there's the slightest waver in viewing figures.

What they need to realise is Cena isn't gonna be around forever, and if they don't start getting some other guys up to main event level, there's gonna be no-one to step up a replace him when he's gone.

I guess my problem is more with WWE not giving anyone else chance to run with the ball. It's not so bad right now because Cena's not being pushed as the main draw. But part of me only thinks that is happening because the Authority angle is in place and that means Trippers and Steph get prominence instead.

I still fret for the future of WWE if they don't start actually elevating some of these talents they've got to look like legitimate main eventers. That means guys like Cena, Evolution, and any of the remaining "Old Guard" need to start losing cleanly to some of the newcomers to legitimise them. Guys like Wyatt and The Shield getting what are deemed as "flukey" wins serves no real purpose. That just makes it look like these new guys can't hold a torch to what are essentially a bunch of aging men.

Guest Iceman000
Nice insight dsrchris! I totally agree with you. They should start losing clean to newcomers to save wwe..

Cena sucks. Jimmy's gone so I can say it again. F*ck a John Cena.

Well Jimmy's never coming back if you keep saying things like that.

You may as well start saying Mark Henry's sh*t too, just to rub it in. :lol

Nice insight dsrchris! I totally agree with you. They should start losing clean to newcomers to save wwe..

So the best thing WWE could do right now is bury their main event star?