Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Why hate John Cena?

Guest Iceman000

Guest Matt Black
Perhaps my point would be better made by saying that I see Ryder's temporary success as proving the principle that WWE Creative is not always aware of the potential in any given talent, nor are they able to see what will or will not connect with the audience in every case. Edited by dsrchris

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he didn't work out, WWE were right to ignore him. You're proving to opposite. They picked up on CM Punk and Daniel Bryan who they plucked from the Indies and made stars. Sure, any booking team is going to miss the odd star here and there, there's a finite amount of places and not everyone can demonstrate they have potential but if you really want to say that the biggest wrestling company in the world, who has managed to ride every peak and trough in the business and come out the other end do not know how to find workers then I think you'll find it a hard point to try and prove.

Name me the talent that is bigger than Cesaro right now in the world who is not in the WWE or was famous in the WWE before now?

Guest Matt Black
But he didn't work out, WWE were right to ignore him. You're proving to opposite. They picked up on CM Punk and Daniel Bryan who they plucked from the Indies and made stars. Sure, any booking team is going to miss the odd star here and there, there's a finite amount of places and not everyone can demonstrate they have potential but if you really want to say that the biggest wrestling company in the world, who has managed to ride every peak and trough in the business and come out the other end do not know how to find workers then I think you'll find it a hard point to try and prove.

Name me the talent that is bigger than Cesaro right now in the world who is not in the WWE or was famous in the WWE before now?

You're probably right, so I'll just let it go and stop commenting before I embarrass myself any more than I already have.

Edited by dsrchris

Guest Jayfunk

Sting Technically as he has't appear as part of the roster yet lol

Cena's promo was awful, he was extra hyper shouty man to the max... and the wee "haHA!" laugh. I think the commentary last night was as bad as it's been in a while, Michael Cole was about the best thing to it. I think I'm being burnt out on Raw because NXT is so damn good right now :(

Guest John Hancock
Cena had a less-scripted-than-usual feel about him. He was just being really weird, and not in a good way. Normally, he's boring and unthreateningly goofy, which is a sign of bad writing, but, last night, he was just wacky, which struck me as a sign of no writing at all, much like that "Skidmarks69" or whatever it was comment a few years ago that just made you think, "Okay, there's no way someone wrote that, that's just an idiot trying too hard". That's what his promo last night looked like, an idiot trying too hard.

Guest The Beltster

Nothing comes close to when he spray painted 'poopy' on JBL's limo.

Cena is wretched. He's just terrible and so incredibly false and unlikeable.

Guest John Hancock
I know people defend him by saying "He's for the kids, he's for the kiiiiiiiids!", but, when I first really got into wrestling, when I was like 10/11, my favourites were Kane and Mankind. I can't imagine ever having not found Cena's antics really painfully lame and safe.

Guest The Beltster
Warrior was for the kids when I was a kid, he still seemed cool and bad ass when he was beating the shit out of people. Cena is just a dork.

Guest HH-Evolution

Apparently the head writer was fired last week and Raw on Monday was mostly handled by Vince McMahon...

WWE head writer Jay Gibson was fired by Vince McMahon over the past few days, according to a report at PWTorch.com. It’s unclear whether he was let go on Friday or over the weekend, but last night’s RAW was the first WWE television show written without Gibson’s input.RAW appeared to feature a lot more input from Vince McMahon than usual, including his unique brand of humor that included spiked coffee and the ‘payoff’ of Stephanie vomiting all over Vickie Guerrero.Vince McMahon is spearheading WWE’s effort to reduce payroll costs to offset the recent financial damage done as a result of the WWE Network and the disappointing TV rights fees deal with NBC Universal.
- Wrestlezone or Lordsofpain, I forget where this was!

So yeah, expect more of this.

Guest John Hancock
For the record, I still say he has really good matches, especially when he's up against a top guy and he's given time, and there's no gimmickry. It's just, as a promo and a character, he's just embarrassing.

Guest The Beltster

Eh, I know alot of people say Cena is a good wrestler especially in the right circumstances, but even the matches where people have marked for his stuff like that Rumble match with Umaga, still doesn't do anything for me. I'm not saying he cant wrestle, but his style is just shit. I hate his stupid, crappy punches. I hate his loose, pathetic STF and his weird, soft spine buster thing he does, the way he gets the jimmy legs on his 5 knuckle shuffle especially when he does it off the ropes. Its as if he's wrestling with an egg and he's desperate not to crack the shell so he works super gentle.

Nah, f*ck Cena, he's dog shit.

Eh, I know alot of people say Cena is a good wrestler especially in the right circumstances, but even the matches where people have marked for his stuff like that Rumble match with Umaga, still doesn't do anything for me. I'm not saying he cant wrestle, but his style is just shit. I hate his stupid, crappy punches. I hate his loose, pathetic STF and his weird, soft spine buster thing he does, the way he gets the jimmy legs on his 5 knuckle shuffle especially when he does it off the ropes. Its as if he's wrestling with an egg and he's desperate not to crack the shell so he works super gentle.

Nah, f*ck Cena, he's dog shit.

For all of Cena's moveset issues, I figure his most highly rated matches are when he pulls something different out that nobody expected and then the haters shit bricks and call it a great match. I too hate his STF, only rarely has he ever applied it well enough to make it look like it's having it's desired effect. Also the AA looks so so bad. Has there ever been a top star with a worse finish?

Yeah, I hate the way Cena's moves look. It's alright having good psychology, being able to sell, being able to structure a match and so on, but at a basic level, everything a wrestler does has to look real. Everything Cena does looks terrible, from basic kicks and punches to his two finishers. It all looks very soft, exaggerated and fake, so I can't get into him or his matches. I'm not a fan of his character either and his promos are often quite poor.

Guest Matt Black
For all of Cena's moveset issues, I figure his most highly rated matches are when he pulls something different out that nobody expected and then the haters shit bricks and call it a great match. I too hate his STF, only rarely has he ever applied it well enough to make it look like it's having it's desired effect. Also the AA looks so so bad. Has there ever been a top star with a worse finish?

I don't know, Mankind's "Mandible Claw" was pretty bad...more so when it evolved into "Mr Socko".

At least when he started using the Mandible Claw back in 1996, they legitimised it by explaining it's a hold that pinches a crucial nerve and causes paralysis in his opponent. And then they backed it up by having him slap it on JR during his debut vignettes.

Socko kind of ruined it, as having his hand stuffed in a sock meant he couldn't apply the nerve hold correctly, due to not being able to position his thumb under the jaw of his opponent. If you watch the old shows, Foley does do the claw properly, he inserts the middle two fingers (the ones covered by his glove thing) into the mouth and under the tongue (kayfabe) and pinches them against his thumb which is placed under the jaw. In the late 90's it just turned into "let's shove this sock into some dude's mouth" and that's where it lost me.

I won't have a bad word said against the original (correctly applied) Manidble Claw though.

Guest John Hancock

I agree with Chris, the original Mandible Claw was awesome, and really gross and creepy. It perfectly fitted that whole Sawyer Clan vibe he had, you couldn't have given him a power move, or a technical submission, it just had to be something like sticking your fingers in someone's mouth until they suffered some sort of nerve damage, whilst making pig noises, and then being a little bit upset with the result.

I still maintain that seeing that interview with J.R., that ends in one of the best Mandible Claws ever, is the reason I love horror movies so much. That was my gateway drug.