Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Ask TWO Your Wrestling Related Question 2014

dsrchris

Can anyone tell me who this dude is with Grado, the one in a TalkWrestlingOnline shirt.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx286/dsrchris/BA62E8E8-82CD-42AF-85DD-2348B4F15284_zpsnwugzyza.jpg

That's right, a TWO shirt. In the midst of a bunch of ICW guys.

Inno has confirmed I've been a "numptie" (his words, not mine) and that's only bloody Noam Dar.

I'm such a bad UK Forum mod... :(

Edited by dsrchris

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Magic

Also, ICW fans? Every single person in the photo is talent :lol

From left to right:

Kid Fite, BT Gunn, The Wee Man (who's real name is Neil btw, which form some reason cracks me up :lol), Grado, Wolfgang, James Scott, Noam Dar, Liam Thomson and his broad Carmel Jacob.

I spoke to Noam for a while in London, I wish I knew he had TWO connections! :lol

I love that he's still rocking a free t-shirt that he got years ago, I appreciate that kinda dedication to not giving a f*ck about appearance.

Edited by Magic

Also, ICW fans? Every single person in the photo is talent

Kid Fite, BT Gunn, The Wee Man (who's real name is Neil btw, which form some reason cracks me up :lol), Grado, Wolfgang, James Scott, Liam Thomson and his broad Carmel Jacob.

I was just going to say that.

Fans?? :lol

Guest Magic

To be fair to poor Chris, they don't exactly ooze star power, do they?

That gilet James Scott.... :lol

And Kid Fite looks like a tourist on some kind of sight seeing tour.

Except Grado of course, Grado is legit!

I've literally just realised I typed fans, when Grado even says "ICW Troops" on the photo. I'm a f*cking idiot.

I even recognised Kid Fite (who I've worked a match with before) and still typed fans.

I really am a fool.

Kam, I'm handing back my mod powers. I don't deserve them. Either of them. Yikes.

EDIT: For the record, I meant "guys" not fans. The last sentence was supposed to be all ecstatic about an ICW guy being spotted in a TWO shirt, and I managed to fluff it by not only insulting the ICW guys by calling them fans, but by forgetting they even took part in TWO's 10th Birthday celebrations.

Well....f*ck.

Closest I could find.

"The standard professional wrestling ring introduction consists of four parts: hometown, height, weight, and name. However, there are some characters where one might not want to give a hometown; after all, if you have a quasi-mystical, made of iron, badass loner, it would probably rob him of some of his mystique if he was from Joisey. The solution? Announce him as being "from Parts Unknown".

Parts Unknown, simply put, is wrestling speak for "we don't know where the hell this guy's from." However, it's taken on a life of its own in wrestling fandom, where it's become popular to depict Parts Unknown as a real place that's home to some very unreal personalities. Possibly as a result of this, most wrestling promoters have changed from using Parts Unknown to using more descriptive, though equally non-specific, hometowns. "

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PartsUnknown

That's pretty subjective. If you want to ask that question, that's probably a thread all unto itself.

EDIT: And now it is!

Next question...

Was Ken Shamrock the first person to bring "tapping out" instead of audible admissions of submission to the WWE? I don't remember anyone doing it before him, but now I can't remember any time in the last decade (other than an "I Quit" match, obviously) when anyone verbally gave up instead of tapping out?

Edited by dsrchris

Guest John Hancock
Is there an origin to where the term "Parts Unknown" came from?

In "real life", it's a used as the mildly inaccurate English translation for the Latin phrase "terra incognita", which means "unknown lands", and is the official label for parts of a map that are left blank because they haven't been explored.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Boyo

Ask TWO Your Wrestling Related Question

Last time I watched wrestling (2 weeks ago) Batista had a beard. Is this because he's going to join the Wyatts once it gets a bit fuller?

Cheers!