Martial Arts

Ask TWO Your Wrestling Related Question 2014

dsrchris

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was Beefcake, but couldn't place the gimmick.

EDIT - From Wiki -:

"For a short time in early 1991, a masked character played by Leslie appeared on TV. The character would run in during matches and attack various heels (notably Rick Martel, Dino Bravo and Earthquake). He would run in on their matches, punch them a few times, throw a headbutt and immediately retreat. He never wrestled a match and was never given an official name."

Edited by DC

• 3 weeks later...
I'm assuming that WWE have asked Austin to do a Wrestlemania match several times since his retirement? How often is he asked? Is it an every year thing or just when they need a marquee match or Wrestlemania's in a certain venue or it's an anniversary etc.? In the last 5 or 6 years has he been close to agreeing? Has he shown any interest in a comeback or an opponent?

As far as I know Austin said he would only come out of retirement if he could wrestle CM Punk, but as it stands right now it looks like 99.9% chance it will never happen.The only other marquee match would be against Brock, but I doubt Austin would risk being in the ring with Brock.

It seems like they were at least considering Punk vs. Austin off the back of their WWE 13 promo interview they did together with JR, but it never materialised.

Austin likes to tell folks he feels good and that he reckons he's got one more run in him, but at this point I have to question just how shot his knees and neck are. There's no way he'd be back for a Brock match. I don't think he could physically take it.

Guest Jack Collision
If Austin were ever to do 'one more match', I imagine it would be vs. Punk (unlikely), Rock (not impossible), Cena (possible) or like, a Brock or even a Roman Reigns IF Reigns takes off as a draw. If he doesn't, no point. But he'd come back for those first three I think.

Thanks for all the info guys. Shaun mentioned Wrestlemania 32, which is apparently being held in Cowboys Stadium? That's a lot of seats to sell, in Texas too. You can see why that's being mooted.