Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Survivor Series November 2006 UK Tour

Guest Dickie Hyde

An interesting quote from WWE.com relating to English fans in hotels.

Jimmy Tillas (WWE head talent bodyguard) "In Birmingham for a raw and SD tour we arrive back at (the hotel) about Two o'Clock in the morning. Fans are waiting in the lobby for the superstars. The second they get off the bus, they swarm asking for autographs. I walked over to one and said excuse me, do me a favour. We just had a long bus ride, so let the guys get their room keys.

Somebody yells censored you you're not in the states any more. When I looked around all the superstars were beating the hell out of the Brits. Chris Benoit had somebody in the crossface. Viscera was sitting on a dude and Kane was getting ready to chokeslam some guy. Gregory Helms lifted (a fan) off me and literally threw him across a car hood.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest porridge
An interesting quote from WWE.com relating to English fans in hotels.

Jimmy Tillas (WWE head talent bodyguard) "In Birmingham for a raw and SD tour we arrive back at (the hotel) about Two o'Clock in the morning. Fans are waiting in the lobby for the superstars. The second they get off the bus, they swarm asking for autographs. I walked over to one and said excuse me, do me a favour. We just had a long bus ride, so let the guys get their room keys.

Somebody yells censored you you're not in the states any more. When I looked around all the superstars were beating the hell out of the Brits. Chris Benoit had somebody in the crossface. Viscera was sitting on a dude and Kane was getting ready to chokeslam some guy. Gregory Helms lifted (a fan) off me and literally threw him across a car hood.

Interesting... I take it he's joking? It's hard to tell.

Kurtmark could you post the link to where that quote came from? I couldn't see anything on WWE.com.

No I understand that, but is this not what autograph signings are for...even waiting outside when the wrestler arrive back....but at 4am when the stars are in the little time they get off is more than excessive and intrusive

But often autograph signings are limited in tickets, involve queueing for a stupid amount of hours, not to mention some require you to buy a game or another WWE product first.

IMO the wrestlers should sign autographs whenever they get asked, whether it's in the hotel bar, walking down the street or wherever. It's the fans who pay for their livelihood after all. As somebody said earlier, it's part of the job description.

Although that's no excuse for when they get bothered in their 'down time' in the hotel in the early hours. I don't agree with that. Some fans need to be more respectful. However it is only a minority, it's not like there are hundreds waiting in the hotel.

Edited by porridge

Interesting... I take it he's joking? It's hard to tell.

Kurtmark could you post the link to where that quote came from? I couldn't see anything on WWE.com.

Did I say WWE.com? I meant http://www.wwe.com/magazine/ .(The site for the official wwe magazine the interview in full will be in the mag.) As for the joking he is deadly serious and the fight made it into daily papers.

Guest porridge
Did I say WWE.com? I meant http://www.wwe.com/magazine/ .(The site for the official wwe magazine the interview in full will be in the mag.) As for the joking he is deadly serious and the fight made it into daily papers.

I'll have to look out for the mag.

This is the first I've heard about the 'fight'. But then I read the Times and I don't think this kind of thing is what they really like to report on :lol.

Can anybody tell me exactly what happened or point me in the direction of a link to the story?

Guest Slim Jim
Chris Benoit had someone in the crossface and Kane was going to chokeslam someone? Sounds a bit exaggerated if you ask me. Probably referring to the kickboxer incident.

Guest porridge
It sounds to me like the wrestlers were fighting the fans?! I can't see that happening - I mean, why would either side start on the other? That security guy is taking creative licence a little too far.

Guest FreeSpirit

Here are some photos I took from Raw/ECW last Monday on my phone cam.

I'm never going to win any 'photographer of the year' awards, but I forgot how great it was to sit so close to the ring, and hope I get the chance again when I attend a WWE show next year.

Edited by FreeSpirit

Guest Kanenite

Cool photo's G2G, the DX one is the best.

As for the fight I imagine it was the 2005 April Tour as i'm sure it would have been picked up on by now in the papers.

Guest FreeSpirit
Cool photo's G2G, the DX one is the best.

Thanks Mate: I took a few more but they didn't come out that great, so didn't bother posting them.

Guest Kanenite
I had the same problem earlier on in the year, Wrestling Events are always a bugger when it comes to pictures especially with the lighting and such :(

IMO the wrestlers should sign autographs whenever they get asked, whether it's in the hotel bar, walking down the street or wherever. It's the fans who pay for their livelihood after all. As somebody said earlier, it's part of the job description.

Although that's no excuse for when they get bothered in their 'down time' in the hotel in the early hours. I don't agree with that. Some fans need to be more respectful. However it is only a minority, it's not like there are hundreds waiting in the hotel.

Aren't the two sections I've highlighted a contradiction? I have had experience of being hassled in the early hours for a signature, and it really is very annoying. I can imagine how multiplied that must be for the WWE stars.

Guest porridge
Aren't the two sections I've highlighted a contradiction? I have had experience of being hassled in the early hours for a signature, and it really is very annoying. I can imagine how multiplied that must be for the WWE stars.

Hmmm I wondered if anybody would pick up on that. When I was writing it I was struggling to get across my point clearly. I'll have another go:

I think the wrestlers should sign autographs whenever or wherever because without the fans they would be nothing. That should always be in their head IMO. They don't have to smile or be chatty (unless it's to small kids perhaps), just sign a bit of paper. Sure it's annoying but it comes with the territory.

HOWEVER, that shouldn't be an excuse for fans to pester them in their private time. That's wrong and those individuals need to be more respectful and considerate. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think the fans who bother the wrestlers (or famous people in general) like that are selfish and need to imagine what it would be like if the shoe was on the other foot.

I hope I've made that clearer!

P.S. Draven Cage what exactly do you do?

Edited by porridge

Guest TNA TNA TNA
Dont know if anyone noticed (or if someone has already typed this)but the dude triple h pedigreed was Shamus o Sha....somethin hes some Irish dude whos as pale as snow. He has little advert/promos on TWC

P.S. Draven Cage what exactly do you do?
I wrestle.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6194/1000557tz3.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6748/dcvreaftermatchassaultjl9.jpg

I don't mind giving autographs or pictures, but it really irks me when people ask for a signature but they don't have a pen and/or paper. Some minor rules about asking for sigs and pics.

1) Make sure you have a pen AND paper.

2) DO NOT bother the wrestlers when they are in a conversation, on the phone or having a meal.

3) If you ask to take a picture and you want to be in it, make sure you have someone else to take it for you. There is nothing worse than some idiot asking for a picture then asking twelve folk that pass if they'd hold the camera for him/her.

4) DO NOT, under any circumstances, unless you actually know them personally (and even then, not when others are around), call the wrestlers by their real names. This pisses more people off than you'd realise.

5) DO NOT ask for an autograph/picture, then ask "who are you anyway?"

6) After a show, the wrestlers are in pain and are really tired. Think back to how you feel when you are tired and/or in pain, then realise that they are only human too and will be a bit narky at this time.

7) If a wrestler is going somewhere, do not block his/her path, as it is extremely rude and dangerous.

8) Never ask if it's really fake or not. Mainly because you will be shown, by way of a simple submission, that it is not.

9) Ditto, never ask a wrestler to apply his/her moves on you, as you WILL cry.

X) Under no circumstances go on to your little internet forums and bitch about how wrestler A was an arse because he didn't sign a scrap of paper at 5am on a wet Tuesday morning. ;)

Guest Raynorone
I agree with Draven Cage, by pure coincidence we were staying in the same hotel as Raw and were sat at the bar and only talked to the wrestlers when they started the conversation but one guy went upto ric flair wanting an autograph, ric said 'no business tonight' and the guy started having a go at him. Don't some fans realise that the wrestlers need a break!!

I wrestle.

I don't mind giving autographs or pictures, but it really irks me when people ask for a signature but they don't have a pen and/or paper. Some minor rules about asking for sigs and pics.

2) DO NOT bother the wrestlers when they are in a conversation, on the phone or having a meal.

3) If you ask to take a picture and you want to be in it, make sure you have someone else to take it for you. There is nothing worse than some idiot asking for a picture then asking twelve folk that pass if they'd hold the camera for him/her.

4) DO NOT, under any circumstances, unless you actually know them personally (and even then, not when others are around), call the wrestlers by their real names. This pisses more people off than you'd realise.

6) After a show, the wrestlers are in pain and are really tired. Think back to how you feel when you are tired and/or in pain, then realise that they are only human too and will be a bit narky at this time.

7) If a wrestler is going somewhere, do not block his/her path, as it is extremely rude and dangerous.

8) Never ask if it's really fake or not. Mainly because you will be shown, by way of a simple submission, that it is not.

X) Under no circumstances go on to your little internet forums and bitch about how wrestler A was an arse because he didn't sign a scrap of paper at 5am on a wet Tuesday morning. ;)

Great comments,...and soooooooo true.

Guest The Miz
I wrestle.

oops. ive broken rules 2, 4 and 9.