Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest Da Showstoppa
You had to cry a little after WM XIV when HBK left for what was thought to be forever.

:sad:

Looks like all that bad karma caught up to HBK and ended his career.

But he found God and came back. :)

Yeah, I did. I hadn't ever watched the full match since (until last week) I appreciate it more because of the knowledge of the guts he was showing and the pain he worked through to put Austin over. (well to give him the belt)

I started watching WWE in 1992 round about Summerslam at Wembley. A friend used to tape the PPV's from Sky. I drifted away from 1995-97 and picked it up again when we finally got Sky:) in Feb 1998, It was the Raw when Tyson joined D-X! I've been hooked again ever since. I watched Nitro on Bravo and then ECW, and now I watch TNA as much as I can.

Mike

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I did. I hadn't ever watched the full match since (until last week) I appreciate it more because of the knowledge of the guts he was showing and the pain he worked through to put Austin over. (well to give him the belt)
Not to mention the threat of an Undertaker ass-kicking if he didn't comply.

In the first half of 1995, WWF was pretty darn good IMO. Great Rumble match with the 1 & 2 entrants going to the end, HBK really breaking out as a future top star, Bret Hart & Diesel having a great match at the Rumble '95. I've always felt WM11 is highly underrated. It was when Mable won KOTR it all started to go down hill...

Guest The Beltster
He came back at the end of the year though didn't he?

I remember him smashing a guitar or a gold disc over Ahmed Johnson's head at IYH 5 in December 95, then lost by DQ to the big lump at the Rumble the next month. Then he vanished again.

Oh eah thats true, I'd forgotten about that. He popped back up in December, did that deal with Ahmed at the Rumble, then buggered off back to the USWA I think until his no compete thing was up and then on to WCW.

In the first half of 1995, WWF was pretty darn good IMO. Great Rumble match with the 1 & 2 entrants going to the end, HBK really breaking out as a future top star, Bret Hart & Diesel having a great match at the Rumble '95. I've always felt WM11 is highly underrated. It was when Mable won KOTR it all started to go down hill...
I thought the WWF had a great tail end of 1995. The start wasnt good for me, I hated the Rumble lasting like 36 minutes, that was crap. WM11 was diabolical and KotR sucked, but SummerSlam 1995 (minus the main event) was awesome and Survivor Series 1995 was one of the best ever. Diesel vs Hart was the best match I ever saw Nash involved in, it was superb. Edited by The Beltster

Guest SuperKick Kid
Not to mention the threat of an Undertaker ass-kicking if he didn't comply.

I still dont understand that. I guess it's true, but I'd just like to know why someone would sour the end of their career by just ditching the main event of Wrestlemania, which is something I doubt HBK would do. Even the asshole that he was wouldnt walk out during the main event and sour the last moment in his career. So I dont understand the Undertaker thing.

I still think Taker was just sitting by the Gorilla Position (if he was, that is) because it was a little powertrip for himself. It was a chance to boost himself in the backstage. Taker isnt perfect.

I just think it all sounds like a bunch of malarkey. And if it is really that true, I'd love to see someone give me a link to the place where it says this.

as a youngster, i remember liking Johnny B. Badd ... and then looking back and thinking, what the heck was i thinking.

i also now remember with glee, AA giving Marcus Alexander Bagwell (as he was when he first joined) a brain buster when he was was Zybko as The Enforcers?? great times, not to forget Cactus jack lost in Cleveland

as a youngster, i remember liking Johnny B. Badd ... and then looking back and thinking, what the heck was i thinking.

i also now remember with glee, AA giving Marcus Alexander Bagwell (as he was when he first joined) a brain buster when he was was Zybko as The Enforcers?? great times, not to forget Cactus jack lost in Cleveland

Ha that was some great stuff. I liked Marc Mero, he was a good wrestler.

In those early 90's they had some cracking tag stuff. Bagwell and Scorpio, Anderson and Eaton, The Steiners, Rhoades and Windham, Hollywood Blondes, Steamboat and Douglas, Williams and Gordy. Some great tag stuff.

Makes you miss the more simpler approaches to wrestling. No ridiculous angles and nonsensical storylines, just throw some guys together and give them half an hour to tell a story.

Damnit bring back proper tag wrestling...and the War Games....and old Blue Bars Cage.

Guest Dave7g
Does anyone remember a series of matches between Flair and Regal on the old WCW worldwide? It was in the impact zone actually, or something similar to it.

I remember a Marquis of Queensbury match they had, where it was rounds?

Was late 93 I think when Flair was a face?

Does anyone remember a series of matches between Flair and Regal on the old WCW worldwide? It was in the impact zone actually, or something similar to it.
They're not the same buildings. WCW was in the Disney/MGM studios, while TNA are in the Universal studios. Both are/were aired from Orlando though.

Guest Dave7g
I remember a Marquis of Queensbury match they had, where it was rounds?

Was late 93 I think when Flair was a face?

Sounds about right, very technical matches probably not to everyones tastes, but were great for free tv.

Yeah thats it

Anyone remember the Computer Challenge around 92/93 time? Where the computer picked different champions to face each other on Worldwide?

I remember a top contest between Vader and Steamboat

Guest The Beltster
All that matters is that I remember WCW's Special Forces, Firebreaker Chip and Todd Champion. They were legends in the sport of professional wrestling and I'm going to champion a one-man crusade to have them inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame. Without them, it is a sham.

Guest Dave7g

Wasjust thinking about how completley retarded the idea of a heel ref is, in any situation. If he was truely a heel ref he would just count the three for the heel, he wouldn't EVER stop beforethe 3 count.

It's so stupid it's making me angry.

Guest The Great Ahmar

Those MSG Classics are excellent. I wish I could see more House shows. The line up for the next episode looks fantastic:

* Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase

* Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect

* Hulk Hogan vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage for the WWE Championship

Guest DanielFullard
Dean Malenko's WWE spell was really boring...never really been a fan of his.

Cant say I thought much of his WWE run but in WCW I used to adore his matches and still I find his work at that time some of the most watchable around. Any guy he was put in there with he got a decent match out of and if he was in there with someone who could really work they were always show stealers for me.

On a mostly unrelated note, it was fun seeing him work with Jannetty in wCw in a match on Thunder I think it was. Dont know why that popped into my head and from what I remember the match was nothing special and not even sure why Im mentioning it:)

Jannetty in WCW.....all I remember was this match and a breif Raven feud

Guest Adam Gill

I brought ECW Wrestlepalooza 1998 from somebody online the other day, and I decided to stick it on this morning just after I woke up. Anyway, the opening match was the F.B.I versus Blue Meanie and Nova.

It was a decent match which I was enjoying, but then, and I don't know if it was because I was still half-asleep, but I nearly p***** myself laughing at one point when the referee just casually bodyslammed Tracy Smothers and Little Guido and then tried to pin one of them! :lol

Has anybody else seen it?

Guest The Crippler
Dean Malenko's WWE spell was really boring...never really been a fan of his.

I loved Deano Machino in WWE and everywhere else. The Radicalz were cool as **** when they made their debut in WWE.

The WWE run didn't see the best of Malenko but there was something intensely satisfying about him making Lita tap out that time. Heh.