Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
I have to disagree there Belty. I mean look at WM1 for example. Studd worked a big program with Andre, Muraco had headlined the MSG with Snuka a couple of years earlier, Valentine was IC champ in 85 and in the WWF Title tourney in 88. Volkoff was hugely over for the communist theme.
Studd worked a midcard program with Andre who wasnt anything other than a midcard attraction in the WWF at the time regardless of what some might say. Then Studd left. Muracco headlined several years earlier, he wasnt a star in 1985 when he worked Hogan. Valentine had lost his IC title by the time he was working with Hogan and was jobbing to everybody before being put into a tag team. He was in the WWF title tourney in 1988, but then so what? So was Butch Reed and OMG, and they were still job boys. Volkoff had huge heat, but he was a midcarder turn jobber, heat doesnt change a thing. He wasnt a draw. None of them were, they were the mid 80's equivilents of the guys I mentions, enhancement guys.

You cannot compare them to the likes of Vis, Mideon and Richards who spent most of the time wrestling on Heat each week. Its never a fair comparison.
And these guys spent most of the time wrestling on WWF Challenge, never Prime Time Wrestling which is the equivilent of Heat to todays RAW. Same thing.

I mean you can't say Shamrock was heavily pushed IC champ thus a star, but Bundy who was squashing people in 85 before being built up to face Hogan at WM2 isn't a star? Both were still heavily pushed. And Billy Gunn hugely over in DX, and Volkoff wasn't?
I'm not saying Shamrock was a huge star and big draw etc, I'm saying he was more of a star than Volkoff and Bundy. Bundy was squashing SD Jones and other losers much the same way Umaga does today, and much like Umaga he worked a main event with the champ, everybody knew from the start he was going to job and he was straight back into the midcard. Bundy is the equivilent of todays Umaga but minus the re-push after his program with the champion. Volkoff wasnt EVER hugely over, he simply had cheap heat because he was a Russian.

Excuses or not they were what they were. But you can't compare WWF upper midcarders in 1985 to WWE jobbers in 1999. Massively unfair.
I dont think its massively unfair, its the only comparison you have.

Guest SuperKick Kid

I wonder what Heyman was thinking when this drink hit him:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p28/xXxBlade630xXx/Wrestling%20Gifs/spashgif8at.gif

Guest SuperKick Kid

http://th72.photobucket.com/albums/i178/THE-SHARP-EDGE/Wrestling%20Gifs/th_therocksays.gif

I wish Rocky would comeback.

HBK sells better than anyone, you could feel the impact when he took a move.
That isn't even funny. Randy Orton, Spike Dudley and Undertaker (to name three) are much better "sellers" than Shawn Michaels, especially Orton.

;

I dont think its massively unfair, its the only comparison you have.

What about midcard and upper midcard guys in 1985 and midcard and upper midcard guys in 1998?

Cause if the guys like Muraco, Valentine, Studd etc were just Wrestling Challenge jobbers then who exactly was midcard and upper mid card?

Plus in 1998 who were the big draws for WWE. Rock wasn't there yet, nor HHH with DX upper midcard at best. Kane and Foley the same. So that leaves what Austin as the top guy with Undertaker behind?

He had a strong midcard to fall back on. But so did Hogan, so I don't really see the major difference?! Austin had big feuds against Kane, Taker, Rock, Foley etc. Hogan had them against Orndorff, Piper, Bundy, Andre, Savage etc.

Edited by Jung

Does WWE still sell the F*CK FEAR shirt with a stone cold skull over the "*"? I couldn't find it on WWE's merch site or on ebay... all I'm really looking for is a picture of it.

Guest TsuMirren
I wonder what Heyman was thinking when this drink hit him:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p28/xXxBlade630xXx/Wrestling%20Gifs/spashgif8at.gif

It's pretty obvious, look at Heyman just before he raises the hand. He's obviously giving a nice "kiss my ass" gesture in the direction the cup came from.

Guest Craig
Does WWE still sell the F*CK FEAR shirt with a stone cold skull over the "*"? I couldn't find it on WWE's merch site or on ebay... all I'm really looking for is a picture of it.

Here's the best picture I could find:

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/7794/austintv01cy4.jpg

I found it on http://attitudetees.com/ in case you were wondering.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Scott Hall wrestled last weekend on the WWC 34th anniversery (sp) card.

He is the champ now!

Edited by The Great Ahmar

Guest Drake
Scott Hall wrestled last weekend on the WWC 34th anniversery (sp) card.

Yup. On Friday he lost against Carlito when Apollo intefered, nailed him with a Super Kick, and then Carlito hit the Back-Cracker on him for the win.

Then Saturday he became the WWC Universal Champion when he pinned Apollo in a 3 way match.

Guest Drake
What sort of shape is he in? and was the show any good?

I don't know. They aren't going to show the matches that took place in the event till a year later.

Is he bald? Serious question.

No. But he looks all soggy and old. Here take a look at the pictures from the event. There were also quite a few knoen wrestlers in the event. Goldust, Sabu (Who wrestled in blue shorts and trainers), Abyss, Eddie Colon, Joey Mercury, Vito, Christian Cage, Apollo, Carlito and of course, Hall.

http://www.superestrellaswwc.com/2007/modules.php?set_albumName=aniv2007&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1