Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that old lady showed Christian Cage a thing or two. :lol

There's something about an old lady giving a guy the finger with both hands (non sexual) that puts a smile on your face.

Dammit. WWE.com has spoilers up, and I saw them.

They done it when Angle won it, they done it when Edge won it - this time I smarted up. I've avoided it, thus far.

For a kayfabe website, they have no problem with revealing the outcome of something, that in kayfabe land - hasn't actually happened yet.

They done it when Angle won it, they done it when Edge won it - this time I smarted up. I've avoided it, thus far.

For a kayfabe website, they have no problem with revealing the outcome of something, that in kayfabe land - hasn't actually happened yet.

As I've said elsewhere, it's simple. WWE don't want others to be the first with the spoilers, so they do it themselves.

I've always thought they did it to maybe get a few more viewers. You know, generic casual fan has a look, sees something big and thinks "I'll watch that!"

They only do it when something big has happened.

I'm not that fussed, I just won't go on there. I only do go there to watch a few video's and read the 'Where are they now' article and Matt's blog thing. I just think it's dumb - and has just as much chance of turning people off the idea of actually watching the show.

I've always thought they did it to maybe get a few more viewers. You know, generic casual fan has a look, sees something big and thinks "I'll watch that!"

They only do it when something big has happened.

I'm not that fussed, I just won't go on there. I only do go there to watch a few video's and read the 'Where are they now' article and Matt's blog thing. I just think it's dumb - and has just as much chance of turning people off the idea of actually watching the show.

Especially with this most recent spoiler. And does the WWE really think that the same people that get their wrestleing news from the observer and other places, actually go to WWE.com to find their wrestling news?

Guest The Great Ahmar

- WWE has reached out to former superstar, Tajiri, about a possible return. However, Tajiri has no interest in making a return.

I'm pleased he doesn't want to come back, then I don't have to watch how lazy and damn right boring he has become.

Tajiri is really underrated. His programmes with SuperCrazy and Guido in 99 are arguably beter then any WCW Crusierweght or X-Division sagas.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Tajiri is really underrated. His programmes with SuperCrazy and Guido in 99 are arguably beter then any WCW Crusierweght or X-Division sagas.

No doubt he was excellent, but since he left WWE he as been lazy and boring like hell in Japan. Broken down Muta is working for two men with his busted knees poor sod.

Guest SuperKick Kid

Just got the History of the WWE Championship DVD.

Enjoying it a lot. Glad Austin/HBK made it on there. It really is better than I remembered. HBK looks like he is in absolute agony during parts of that match.

SummerSlam 2002 Triple Threat also is great too. Such a great story told in that match, along with Angle getting his lights knocked out to begin with.

I really wish the Ironman match had not made the DVD so more matches could have made it on there. I do like the Ironman match, but I already have it on the HBK DVD.

OVW is currently putting a product out that is far superior to ECW and TNA. What a fun, basic wrestling show. The tag team division is really good with guys like The Majors, Ax and Hammer, etc. The Cody Runnels/Sean Spears feud is a great little "bloodfeud" which is convincing has has a real string backdrop to it. Dean Hill is a great commentator. Katie Lea is hot and ODB is a really entertaining Austin-esque diva. A brutal but effective change of pace from the usual look of a diva.

Not a patch on the glory days of Kennedy, Jeter, Cappotelli etc, but a fun product that is well worth watching.

Guest The Great Ahmar
- WWE had some interest in signing indy superstar Nigel McGuiness but lost interest when they found out he was signed to a Ring of Honor deal.

Nigel in WWE would have been so awesome I would have wet my pants

Guest Wolverine
I watched one recent episode of OVW, and it was complete garbage. I hope it was just a one-off, because based on that show, even TNA is better than OVW.