Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

I believe Shawn Michaels says in his book - that he was the one to suggest they drop the blue bars. I think he was more pointing to the HIAC cage that had yet to be made. Saying that mesh is far easier on the body and you can do more bumps on it.

I think thats another of HBK's cracking lies.

Old Blue Bars wasn't retired till autumn 99 and by then it was old black bars.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the NWA has the mesh cages forever, so hardly a groundbreaking concept there Shawn.

When did it say Shawn invented the mesh cage concept?

He just said (admittedly he didn't) no more blue bars.

I'll never forget this one time I was told by a certain Shawn Michaels fan that if it wasn't for Michaels, then Chris Jericho wouldn't be wrestling and wouldn't be all that great so we should really think Shawn Michaels for that.

Guest The Great Ahmar
I'll never forget this one time I was told by a certain Shawn Michaels fan that if it wasn't for Michaels, then Chris Jericho wouldn't be wrestling and wouldn't be all that great so we should really think Shawn Michaels for that.

I wonder who? :D

Nova was a figment of your imagination, silly. Now drink your Simon System, buster.

EDIT - And thank you very much for making me remember Simon Dean again. I shall now shed a tear of angst over his disappearance from WWE TV.

Nova was a figment of your imagination, silly. Now drink your Simon System, buster.

EDIT - And thank you very much for making me remember Simon Dean again. I shall now shed a tear of angst over his disappearance from WWE TV.

Don't worry about him. He'll end up in TNA pushing Mike's Method with a gimmick that is one pubic-hair away from being gimmick infringement.:lol

I'd watch every show he was on.

Calling London and Kendrick 'Batman and Robin', saying Sharmell had been to the buffet table '5 Times, 5 times, 5 times, 5 times, 5 times', the Dean Machine, getting Clotheslined off said Dean Machine by ssshhhh that wrestler who doesn't exist and so many more. Good times, better memories.

Anyone remember the angle between Eddie Guerrero and The Hardys (in particular Matt) post Wrestlemania 17? I seem to remember a lot of people being into it at the time and looking forward to where it was going. Eddie was basically trying to prove his worth to them and prove he was a good guy by saving them from beatdowns and helping them win matches and so on. The Hardys were somewhat distrusting of him at first of course but he started to gain their trust. Eddie was then let go by the WWF because of his problems and the angle went out the window slap bang in the middle of it. As I say, the interwebnet was really interested in it at the time and most of the speculation was that Lita would turn on Matt and side with Eddie because no mamacita could resist the Latino Heat. It had the potential to catapult Eddie to the next level.

This is the random comments thread so there ya go.

Edited by Naitch

Guest Sundaycall

-I thought Santino's constant mocking of the Condemned would lead to a brief Austin appearance to break him.

-If Orton isn't Champion by Monday morning I'm puring Orange Juice in the fish bowl.

-Triple H fueding with Vince isn't working for me. It didn't seven years ago either.

-For the love of SmackDown put the WHC on Kane. He deserves a run. It'll make him care again. It'll be different. I like Kane.

-The Undertaker seems strangely "De-Roided" after his 'injury'

-I am suddenly very into the idea of Jeff Hardy in the Main Event.

-MVP is the next MEGA HEEL

-Regal rocks my socks as general manager

-I wanna see Umaga destroy Batista

-Where the fcuk are all the Tag Teams? I mean Over, Credible Tag Teams.

-Why do I feel averse to Mick Foley?

Edited by Sundaycall

Guest John Hancock

Areyou/do you wish you were Ric Flair?

If not, you might just be insane.

Guest Adam Gill

I was just looking around Wiki and came across this on Lenny Lane's profile.

In September 2007 Lenny Lane started a wrestling party business. WrestlingParties.com is a business where Lane will attend your child's party and demonstrate pro wrestling moves, interact with the children in a real wrestling ring. Wrestling Parties will provide; invitations, WP party cake, ice cream, wrestling themed party plates, plastic ware, Wrestling Party t-Shirts and signed pictures of party attendees with Lenny Lane in the ring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenny_Lane

How great is that? I checked the website, and it's true.

http://www.wrestlingparties.com/

It's just a pity that it's only for kids though . . .

:lol

Guest Jimmy Redman

I do too. I think its because I find him to be a self absorbed, lame-ass b******, who is the biggest mark for himself I've ever seen. I mean, no offense toward his career or his accomplishments or anything. But these days as when he makes an appearance it makes me cringe, and as I say, he's just the biggest mark for himself.

Guest Jimmy Redman
You've obviously never read HBK's book then. Now that's how you mark for yourself!

I'm reading it (again) right now, to be perfectly honest. But I mean, I expect nothing less from HBK. Mick Foley actually irritates me more in this regard.

Isn't it funny how quick people are to say 'so and so from another promotion' will be ruined and buried if they join WWE? Of course there have been cases of that but there are also a huge amount of cases too where the wrestler was used a million times better than he was in the previous promotion.

Guest The Great Ahmar
I just watched the Scott Hall shoot and it was really good. It was sad to see him crying about the Benoit thing and how he breaks down saying no one made him do drugs but it was his personally choice.