Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest The Great Ahmar
Shouldn't be too long now.

And hat ever happened to that russian guy that loved "Double Double E"

I think his name was Vladimir.

There was a surname, but he hasnt appeared at ringside in a while and I forgot it.

He's in OVW. He actual beat the OVW champion for the belt but never actual got the belt. Weird stuff down their.

A funny thing I saw in the latest F4Weekly which I'm subscribed to because I'm awesome and you're not!

The Major Brothers are legitimately neither twins nor brothers. They both grew up in Glen Cove Long Island and were friends for life, breaking into wrestling under Mikey Whipreck. They're young, 21 or 22 years old, and look remarkably similar, hence the brothers gimmick. Vince McMahon apparently didn't know they were really related until a few weeks ago and was upset about it. They were having a creative meeting and got into a discussion of relaunching them with some sort of new gimmick on Raw or Smackdown and the subject came up. Someone noted how impressive it was that they were pulling off this twin brother gimmick given the fact that they weren't even related. Vince was "stunned and frustrated" to learn this fact, saying (and think of how funny this is) that if two guys aren't really brothers they shouldn't be booked as such, because fans are too smart about things like that nowadays. Aside from the obvious comedy of all the fake brothers in WWE history, including Kane and Undertaker, and the fact that Vince himself has a fake midget son running around on TV every week, this is a situation where VINCE didn't know, and if he didn't know I'm pretty sure the wrestling fans weren't going to figure it out (or, more importantly, care). So anyway, he told them to talk to the Majors and come up with new names. Michael Hayes wanted them on Smackdown to be a Von Erich-style young babyface team to fill the void created when London and Kendrick went to Raw (and what a bust that has been). The new idea, with the Rated Rmy (much better name than Edgeheads I have to say), is to bring out more of their personalities. Hayes also seems them as very similar to a young Edge and Christian when they debuted in WWF in the 90s as protégés of Gangrel. The difference, of course, is that Edge and Christian had both worked quite a bit in Canada before breaking in, plus had trained extensively with Dory Funk Jr., who was probably the best trainer in America during that period.

Also:

http://www.worldwrestlinginsanity.com/am2/uploads/1/6ov62qc.gif

Edited by The Great Ahmar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching that video clip of Santino and Carlito that Omar Days provided above, you have to admit that Carlito is the perfect straight man. They should use these two together more often. Watching them is hilarious.

Lance Cade injured.

I just read that Lance Cade was injured at a house show. Apparently he has a separated shoulder. If the reports are true he may be out for miminum 4-6 weeks maybe longer.

I've NEVER, EVER got the praise that Murdoch gets. Ok I get it, he's tubby and looks a bit like Dick Murdoch. He's not that good in the ring though, and is infinitely the weak link in the team. For some reason, he always gets lauded more than Cade which just blows my mind because when I look at Cade, I see a potential future main eventer in the same vein as James Storm could be for TNA, were they actually knowledgeable in how to create stars. Sadly, I think Cade's chances are as small as Storm's are, which is a damn shame. The guy is untapped potential just begging to break out.

Guest The Joker
I've NEVER, EVER got the praise that Murdoch gets. Ok I get it, he's tubby and looks a bit like Dick Murdoch. He's not that good in the ring though, and is infinitely the weak link in the team. For some reason, he always gets lauded more than Cade which just blows my mind because when I look at Cade, I see a potential future main eventer in the same vein as James Storm could be for TNA, were they actually knowledgeable in how to create stars. Sadly, I think Cade's chances are as small as Storm's are, which is a damn shame. The guy is untapped potential just begging to break out.

Murdoch holds him back alot. I agree, he could be a great superstar if he went solo. Has the right build to go against main event guys like Triple H and if you disagree with that, look at Jeff Hardy. Part of a well known Tag Team to Main Eventer.

I went to a Raw house show last night. It was pretty good. Got to see Orton cleanly beat Jeff in about 5 minutes, and Snitsky actually doing a pretty good job of working the crowd while losing to a jobber. Jim Duggan was funny as hell fighting Trevor Murdoch who looked alot younger up close. Vladmir Koslov sucks. So does DH Smith. He fought Kennedy in an incredibly boring match, although Kennedy was fun for his introduction, even if he did spend more time messing with Tony Chimel than he did interacting with the crowd. When he said his second Kennedy after his victory, he looked right over at me and my friends, so that was cool.

Regal was also there in the beginning of the night to announce the planned card, and we got a Youmanga and a Triple Aitch. They let us text vote for the HHH/Umaga match, a Street Fight, No DQ, or Steel Cage. Predicatly, the Cage won and then HHH won in a decent match. Santino was also there in the first match of the night, teaming with Carlito against Rhodes and Holly, who has some of the loudest chops I've ever heard. Also, Maria doesn't look as good up close as she does on TV, whereas Mickie looks even better.

By far, favorite moment of the night has to be Snitsky yelling at some random guy to SHUT UP out of nowhere and then trying not to laugh.

Guest bigmatt

I personally am frustrated with both of them.Lance Cade has the potential to do exactly what Vince likes e.g he is a big muscley guy and has a decent wrestling ability and so can go quite a way.Murdoch on the other hand is really talented.I have seen him wrestle some great matches and he shows the potential of being quite an amusing heel.He has impressed people such as Benoit and Harley Race highly but has never really showed what he can do in the WWE.T hey both have been pretty good but not as good as they should have been.

That first one is a fake and you know it.

EDIT - And notice how the second one is cut off right at the end of amazing. He didn't show the full message!

EDIT 2 - AND DAMMIT, that 3rd one has me swearing and I never swear in chat. Ever.

Edited by Craig

RAW SPOILERS

Just finished watched Raw and saw Rik Flair defeat HHH by DQ. This is the third time in a few weeks Flair has beat someone he shouldn't have (Umaga and Orton). I was thinking that Vince is letting Flair do a victory lap or grand tour whatever you want to call it, by letting him say goodbye to his all his fans who have supported him for all these years.

My question is who will ultimately take Flair out? I personally feel it will be Batista. They are best friends and Batista is the only member of Evolution he hasn't fought yet.:?