Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Baywood International, Inc. Neil Reithinger, President & C.E.O announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Layfield, Inc. to create and distribute specialty beverages nationwide. The companies have jointly formed Layfield Energy and will roll out their first product in January, 2008 through major retail outlets and direct to consumer via a dedicated website. The product will be supported by a comprehensive multimedia marketing campaign. "I know how to make a big splash and, believe me, we will make a huge one. I have endorsed several products over the years, and now I am truly thrilled about being involved with my own project. I am not only going to be endorsing the product, but I will be running the company full time with the great management at Baywood," stated John Layfield. "I believe in my marketing team and I believe in the product and, together, this will be a great ride," Layfield expressed further. "Developing products that appeal to a mass audience is an essential part of our business," said Neil Reithinger, President & C.E.O. of the Company. "And working with JBL has been just fantastic. We're as excited as he is."

Yep... The man is a marketting GAAAHD

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Da Showstoppa
I agree with what is said in regards to "Miz", I hate that guy more than any other wrestler on the roster. He is indeed a joke and I wouldn't have included him in my list, but I figured someone would call me on it.

I still argue that Morrison is a star. He may not be in the main event, but he is one of the younger, talented stars that WWE has. I do not consider the ECW main event scene to contribute to a main event status in the WWE.

On the subject of Shawn Michaels, I honestly never want HBK to retire, but I also don't want him to be like Ric Flair and refuse to go away no matter how old and out of shape he gets. Michaels has nothing to be ashamed of in regards to his career, he has literally done it all in the WWE. If he can keep himself going into his 50's, then I support his effort, but there's a fine line between what he wants to do and what he is able to do. If it was up to Michaels, I think that Michaels would keep going until he gets put in a wheelchair. While Michaels has the desire to keep going, his body can't take the abuse, especially since he's getting older. I have a similar view on Michaels as I do/did when WWE and Kurt Angle initially agreed on Angle's release (before it was revealed that he wanted to go to TNA instead of taking time off to recover and be with his family) and that is that I don't want Michaels to be done with the WWE, but it would be better for him, physically, to be done with wrestling before something horrible happens and he ends up immobilized. Unfortunately, in my opinion, that is the road that Kurt Angle is traveling down, especially with his drug addiction. Michaels has also got to learn how to say "no" to Vince McMahon. If Michaels keeps coming back whenever Vince wants him to, then that will also lead to Michaels' downfall. It's like the DX stuff from 2006 (and briefly in 2007), he didn't want to do the stunts and everything that came with DX, but he didn't say "no", he just let Vince and Triple H and whoever else convince (no pun intended) him to be remotely involved with the different skits and various things that he was uncomfortable with. Anyways, to sum up this rambling I've done, Michaels should listen to his body and not his heart, because his heart is in the WWE, but that may put his body in a wheelchair.

I think after all he has done for wrestling - wrestling has no right to ask anymore of him. I'd love to see him move into a GM role and stay on WWE tv in some capacity though. He was great as Commisioner before. I sincerely hope Shawn does stop wrestling when it's time - and I feel that time may be imminent. As a fan of HBK and all he has given me over the past 15-16 years, I want for him to enjoy an active lifestyle after the ring, he has a young family for example so I want for him to enjoy playing with his kids - not sitting in a chair watching them.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Kurt Angle is traveling down, especially with his drug addiction

Just because he's used a few illegal substances doesn't mean he's an addict or do the guilty parties in the signature pharmacy scandal count as drug addicts too?

Just because he's used a few illegal substances doesn't mean he's an addict or do the guilty parties in the signature pharmacy scandal count as drug addicts too?

Wasn't he initially released do to his addiction to painkillers? I believe he admitted to it at one point, as well. Granted, that's just heresay from wrestling websites.

It looks like TNA is following WWE again:

Credit: WrestleZone.com

TNA Wrestling has announced that they will release several Visuwalls (life-size vinyl wall graphics). Wrestlers that will be featured include Booker T, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Sting, Christian Cage, Jay Lethal, Karen Angle, Tomko, AJ Styles, and Shark Boy.

On a side note, has anyone seen how expensive those Fatheads are? For a Triple H Fathead that is 2'5" wide and 6'5" tall, it will cost you $99.95 (not including shipping)!

Edited by TPIB

There's a couple paragraphs in there that prove my point. I find it amusing that Dixie Carter said that TNA had a "very strict drug policy". Even though Angle doesn't have to travel around the world in TNA and only has to wrestle when they tape their 7 or 8 episodes of iMPACT! in Orlando and/or on pay-per-views every month, that still doesn't bode well for Angle. Sure, it's an easier schedule and you rarely have to leave Orlando, but Angle is also wrestling for and in Japan. Now I'm obviously not a doctor, nor am I an expert on medications and injuries and whatnot, but it seems to me that Angle could easily get hurt (possibly permanently) in TNA almost as easy as he could in the WWE. It may be a lesser chance of him suffering an injury, but it's still very possible. I personally believe that he is still on painkillers. Injuries like the ones he's dealing with don't heal overnight.

I don't care about his health anymore, because he obviously doesn't either.

It's his decline into mental insanity that bugs me. He isn't even a liar like Hogan is. He seems to genuinely believe the garbage he spouts, and most of it is complete and utter rubbish, lies, etc.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I don't care about his health anymore, because he obviously doesn't either.

It's his decline into mental insanity that bugs me. He isn't even a liar like Hogan is. He seems to genuinely believe the garbage he spouts, and most of it is complete and utter rubbish, lies, etc.

Who says Hogan doesn't believe the garbage he spouts too?

Who says Hogan doesn't believe the garbage he spouts too?

Michaels, Vince McMahon, Kennedy, Batista, HHH...The list goes on, all full of shite too.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Michaels, Vince McMahon, Kennedy, Batista, HHH...The list goes on, all full of shite too.

Don't forget Chavo Guerrero,Edge,Randy Orton,Vince Russo,Ultimate Warrior,Damien Demento,Kurt Angle (just to add to your list)

Thank god WWE and TNA don't broadcast footage of their stars at their most BS-ful.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Just because I have time on my hands...

There is a random Geocities website that lists all the matches that Meltzer rates 3 stars and above. I'm unsure as to how accurate/up-to-date it is, as I dont get the Observer (if I did, I wouldnt need the website, natch) but all the same, I've counted the number of ***+ matches that WWE guys have had in 2007, from the Gospel according to Meltzer. I'm not going to debate how great he is at rating and such, I just thought it was interesting.

1. Edge - 12

1. MVP - 12

3. Randy Orton - 11

3. Chris Benoit - 11

3. Matt Hardy - 11

6. Jeff Hardy - 10

6. John Cena - 10

8. Shawn Michaels - 9

8. Batista - 9

10. Finlay - 7

10. Umaga - 7

12. Mr Kennedy - 6

12. Chavo Guerrero - 6

12. Undertaker - 6

15. Triple H - 5

16. Lashley - 4

16. Rey Mysterio - 4

18. Johnny Nitro/John Morrison - 3

18. Paul London - 3

18. Brian Kendrick - 3

18. Trevor Murdoch - 3

18. Lance Cade - 3

23. Joey Mercury - 2

23. Rob Van Dam - 2

23. King Booker - 2

23. Gregory Helms - 2

23. Jimmy Yang - 2

23. Ric Flair - 2

23. Kane - 2

30. CM Punk - 1

30. Tommy Dreamer - 1

30. Sandman - 1

30. Sabu - 1

30. Elijah Burke - 1

30. Matt Striker - 1

30. Marcus CorVon - 1

30. Kevin Thorn - 1

30. Shelton Benjamin - 1

30. Charlie Haas - 1

30. Vince McMahon - 1

30. Shane McMahon - 1

30. Jamie Noble - 1

30. Daivari - 1

30. Mick Foley - 1

30. BDV - 1

Keeping in mind guys like HHH, Lashley, Mysterio, Helms have been injured for a great part of the year, and Benoit has been dead since June.

Wonders where Lashley had 4 great matches....and when Chavo had 6.

Chavo vs Rey? really? seriously? ok.... that's actually the same match 6 times over. I mean, to the point where I can tell what happening next....with every move.....zzzz.....

And I generally like the cruisers too.

And BDV, ever? Because every Edge match I have EVER seen has been better than anything BDV has done, no insult to BDV. He's a mammoth and he does his bit as well as he can, but ***+? Next, Khali will be there somewhere...

Guest Jimmy Redman
Wonders where Lashley had 4 great matches....and when Chavo had 6.

Chavo vs Rey? really? seriously? ok.... that's actually the same match 6 times over. I mean, to the point where I can tell what happening next....with every move.....zzzz.....

And I generally like the cruisers too.

And BDV, ever? Because every Edge match I have EVER seen has been better than anything BDV has done, no insult to BDV. He's a mammoth and he does his bit as well as he can, but ***+? Next, Khali will be there somewhere...

Lashley is underrated.

And BDV is only there as a participant in the Survivor Series Elimination match.

Lashley is underrated.

And BDV is only there as a participant in the Survivor Series Elimination match.

Mostly, I meant literally where did Lashley have 4 great matches. He was fueding with Dr McChuckles then WM then injured and off the air. I had forgotten about the matches earlier this year when he was ECW Champ.

While his voice doesn't match his look, that's never really bothered me. Add to that he seems to be a genuinely nice guy (rare anywhere, nowadays), and I quite like him. Sure, he's not the best wrestler, but he's so green it's hardly fair to expect him to be. He's seriously suffered from the same thing Cena did : being pushed too far too fast. That's WWE's fault, not his.

Edited by etz

Guest Jimmy Redman
Mostly, I meant literally where did Lashley have 4 great matches. He was fueding with Dr McChuckles then WM then injured and off the air. I had forgotten about the matches earlier this year when he was ECW Champ.

While his voice doesn't match his look, that's never really bothered me. Add to that he seems to be a genuinely nice guy (rare anywhere, nowadays), and I quite like him. Sure, he's not the best wrestler, but he's so green it's hardly fair to expect him to be. He's seriously suffered from the same thing Cena did : being pushed too far too fast. That's WWE's fault, not his.

From memory, the matches were:

v Umaga @ Wrestlemania (Battle of the Billionaires)

v Umaga/McMahon/McMahon (ECW Title, forget which PPV)

v Cena/Booker/Orton/Foley (WWE Title, Vengeance)

v Cena (WWE Title, Great American Bash)

And I wouldnt disagree with any of those. People dont realise that he had improved a lot before he got injured, and that he was slowly getting pretty over as well.

Guest Jimmy Redman
People forget the rather good Lashley vs. Benoit match from the Draft (McMahon going Ka-Boom) Raw this past June.

Lashley vs who?