Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2014

dsrchris

There are still a lot of people chanting "Goldberg" at Ryback; am I the only one who doesn't remember Goldberg being in a lower-midcard tag team doing jobs to various other midcarders? I mean I understand the chants when he was being pushed, but what possible similarity does he have to Goldberg now apart from his lack of hair?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest terrythunk

Good book going free at the moment: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Bloodstained-Memoirs-David-Sinnott-ebook/dp/B007ZQMHRG

Even if you're not interested in the story, worth it for a load of interview excerpts with people like RVD, Snuka, Jericho and wrestlers who were filmed but didn't get put on the DVD. They've put out some of these interviews in edited down form on YouTube recently as it goes (Steve Corino, Doug Williams) but there are still plenty of others which may never see the light of day (Billy Gunn for example).

Watching Extreme Car Hoarders (or Lords of the Car Hoards if you're in the US) on Discovery, the new Chuck Palumbo car show. It's pretty good, Palumbo comes across as a really sound guy with a good grasp on his own self importance ("if you don't find some money, I'll need to get back in the wrestling business...")

Because I got home from work early Friday I caught WWE Slam City on Sky!!!! what a show :)
Josh loves it.

On another note, it's been four years since Shawn Michaels retired.

I've just started the new Ultimate Warrior DVD and I have to say that it has a great (and surprising - content of the dialogue wise) opening.

Edit - The segments are linked with a sit-down interview with Warrior and he is a very intelligent, well spoken subject who has a lot of respect for his co-workers.

Edited by DC

Looking forward to the Warrior set.
It also has Jesse Ventura's commentary included for the matches he covered, which adds to the experience (especially as Jesse is omitted from the recent Shawn Michaels DVD).

I'm confident you're going to love it, Beltey; the matches and segments have all been fun so far and the sit-down interview is fantastic. A lot of people are going to look at Warrior in a whole new light after this.

Guest John Hancock
Did they really edit Jesse out? Oh Vince. What did they replace him with, or did they redo the whole commentary track or what?

Guest The Beltster

I remember they edited him out of some old WrestleManias and didn't replace him with anything, it was literally Gorilla having a one sided conversation with himself and responding to questions you never heard, like listening to somebody talk on the telephone. It was quite hilarious.

I think its about time people actually realised Warrior isn't some crazy loon, he's a very realistic guy for the most part. Hopefully this DVD will open some peoples eyes. Is it out Tuesday?

Did they really edit Jesse out? Oh Vince. What did they replace him with, or did they redo the whole commentary track or what?
On the HBK release, they just have silence for long parts, which is stupid, especially when you consider they kept him for the Warrior DVD and he'll be on all of the historic footage on the WWE Network.
I think its about time people actually realised Warrior isn't some crazy loon, he's a very realistic guy for the most part. Hopefully this DVD will open some peoples eyes.
I'd seen online rants from him in the last few years, but this DVD has really opened my eyes to the man behind the character... and he takes great lengths to make sure you realise Ultimate Warrior was a character.
Is it out Tuesday?
The website and the press release I got with the review copy say it will be out on the Monday after WrestleMania.