Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2014

dsrchris

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to Def about this, and he made a good point that Sami came in after the rest of the guys being bumped up, so it's his turn next I'd imagine.

The one that seems strangest for not getting a call up to me is Adrian Neville. I seriously thought they were ready to promote him to the main shows? I guess that's not to say he won't be coming up in the next couple of weeks. I imagine they didn't want to completely splurge their NXT load in one episode of Raw? Besides, the "Bolieve" promo and the Exotic Express stuff was perfect, and the finally debuted Rusev after weeks of hype ( although I was a bit down on having Paige come out to "congratulate" AJ, I've have just had her come out and straight up challenge AJ), so I think having any more NXT guys on the show would have been somewhat of an overkill.

Also, I don't want to have to wait until the next Raw after Mania for more call ups, so they need to keep a few guys who are ready in reserve for the coming months I guess?

Guest Ciaran The King
I think Neville will have a lengthy reign and then drop the belt and get the call up but I am surprised Rose got the call up before Neville or Zayn, I know Rose is accomplished in the ring but Sami and Adrian's characters have had time to mature and for the fans to get to know them. I think Bo should be okay on the main shows, I am looking forward to his Debut but I do fear he may fall into the comedy character section of charcters

Guest Beefhead
I was talking to Def about this, and he made a good point that Sami came in after the rest of the guys being bumped up, so it's his turn next I'd imagine.

The one that seems strangest for not getting a call up to me is Adrian Neville. I seriously thought they were ready to promote him to the main shows? I guess that's not to say he won't be coming up in the next couple of weeks. I imagine they didn't want to completely splurge their NXT load in one episode of Raw? Besides, the "Bolieve" promo and the Exotic Express stuff was perfect, and the finally debuted Rusev after weeks of hype ( although I was a bit down on having Paige come out to "congratulate" AJ, I've have just had her come out and straight up challenge AJ), so I think having any more NXT guys on the show would have been somewhat of an overkill.

Talking about it in person while drinking beers in a bar haunted by a barber. Was pretty damn cool!

Guest CMHunk
Sami and Adrian's characters have had time to mature and for the fans to get to know them.
How much does this really matter though? Does anyone really have a clue who these people are when they turn up on the main roster? I don't watch NXT so when Rusev turned up in the Rumble all I knew was what the announcers were telling me. Surely the amount of people that watch nxt isn't anywhere near enough to make these characters seem familiar when they appear on proper WWE TV?

Guest Ciaran The King
I'd say there is an argument for either case. In saying what I said I think WWE expected everyone to know who Emma was when she debut but that I don't think was the case

Guest CMHunk

yeah, I'm sure they do expect people to know but I'm just not convinced they really will.

I had no idea who Emma was and I had no idea why people on here seemed so excited about her as the crowd didn't seem to get it either.

Guest Will O the Wisp
...I think WWE expected everyone to know who Emma was when she debut but that I don't think was the case

I don't think that is the case. I think the announcers just talk that way to give the impression that "Everyone knows Emma, so you should find out everything about her immediately. Look how popular she is."

Its a method to help get the unknown wrestler over.

Edited by Will O the Wisp

• 2 weeks later...

He's still under contract to WWE, but according to his Wiki profile, he's only had one match since a car accident in March 2012 (and that was in March 2013).

Also, did anyone else feel a bit "woah, time flies" when it was shown the Hugh Jackman / Dolph Ziggler stuff from RAW was back in September 2011?

Guest BarrettBarrage
Does anyone actually care where Evan Bourne is??

His mic skills were poor but I liked the guy. He was entertaining enough, I think the WWE is missing an Evan Bourne type wrestler at the moment (Bar Adrian Neville).

Guest Ciaran The King
The best thing Evan ever did was when he dived off the top turnbuckle and Orton caught him in an RKO