Fan Clubs (beta)

WWE 2k15

King

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to add that in My Career, building the stats of your rookie takes a lot of grinding as you have over two dozen elements to build up and one block eventually starts costing over 200SP, which you get per match if you're lucky.

Guest The Beltster

Yep after playing it for a few hours I'm in the same boat as you DC, its been stripped bare. I assumed the CAW stuff just needed to be unlocked as there is no way it would be this weak, right? Wrong.

I'm now more convinced than I was before that Matt Denton was on 2K's payroll to put this shit over after how hard he was pushing it as the greatest thing ever when all along it seemed to be the same old stuff as usual at best.

Explain yourself homey!

I never pushed it as "the greatest thing ever", don't even try and play that game. I gave an honest appraisal based on my personal experience of the game, which in my eyes in improved in gameplay over the past five years. You certainly are entitled to your opinion.

The facts are clear as day when it comes to a new generation sports game, the first one is always stripped down. Always. Look to your Maddens, NBA 2Ks, UFCs, all of them are "stripped down". The truth of the the matter is that if you look at it, the game isn't at all stripped down, since none of the modes existed in the first place on next gen. It's not a matter of straight copying and pasting the engine (notice I used the word engine, not animations. Animations does not equal engine.) from 360/PS3 to PS4/XB1. What we have here is a new engine, somewhat based off the old engine, minus a great deal of the legacy bugs that have been pissing fans off for years.

If you expected something creation-wise on par with the previous years, you certainly can be disappointed. I'm not, since I knew all of this stuff a month in advance (NDA rules.) and have come to accept that this is a foundation for future years. Gameplay wise, for me, I've enjoyed what little I've played (I have yet to receive my full copy of current gen 2K15), and know that it's a step in the right direction. You can also cart out your "same old stuff" cliche all you want, animations wise, for the most part you're dead on about, but as I've mentioned time and time again, 2K (or any developer worth a shit) won't get rid of animations that work.

Just be thankful for what is essentially a reboot, you're not saddled with a f*cking turd like TNA Imapct (Which had at least 2 years more development time than this.).

EDIT: I'm not going to say much more than that until my review goes up, which at this rate should be up around Wednesday/Thursday since I haven't got a copy yet. (Not that it really matters, since you've already made up your minds about it.)

Edited by ViciousPrism

Played more of this earlier, and I ran into a few glitches. In one match I was put into a submission hold, but the submission meter didn't show up, and I had to quit the match because I was stuck in a submission hold that I couldn't get out of. None of the controls were responsive, and the referee was frozen as well.

Second glitch happened when I unlocked a trophy, and for some reason the entire game crashed and sent me back to the PS4 home menu.

Anyway, the career mode is sort-of annoying since I seem to lose the majority of my matches. It wasn't until I upgraded my CAW that I actually started winning more. And yes, that means that for some reason the career mode pushes you along even though I was losing horribly. I'm still enjoying playing it though, just a bit annoyed that I lose so much...in previous WWE games I rarely lost at all in the career/story modes.

I forgot to add that in My Career, building the stats of your rookie takes a lot of grinding as you have over two dozen elements to build up and one block eventually starts costing over 200SP, which you get per match if you're lucky.
OK, this is now less of an issue as you get 50,000SP for winning your first PPV match (if you select one of the shows where SP is the reward), so you can use that to get your "overall" up to 90+.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jamster26
The gameplay is much better and has a better pace to it but I feel they still have some work to do with Universe mode and especially the My Career mode. Wonder if they will bring back the "Create a Story" mode next year as that seemed a popular feature back in SVR 2011.

NEW MOVEZ!!

[video=youtube_share;kpM08E3uHIA]

STEENALIZER!!!

END OF DAYS!!

HART ATTACK!!!

MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!!

KUDO DRIVER!!

DOUBLE-TEAM SPIKE PILEDRIVER!!

I also believe I saw the Boma Ye.

Edited by DC

Deep breath... from the top...

The Backslide Driver is used by Ricochet as well as the Firemans Carry Overhead Kick (aka Benadryller) and the Northern Lights Suplex followed by the deadlift suplex you see later in the video, the Package Powerbomb ending in a bridge is actually the Phoenix-Plex used by Kota Ibushi, the Calf Killer is used AJ Styles, the Chickenwing Gutbuster is the Milano-saku Dodon's Throne used by Taguchi in NJPW, he also is one of many wrestlers that uses the Kudo Driver.

Another deep breath...

The Cravate Suplex is used by Chris Hero, as is the Discus Big Boot seen later in the video, the Cross Legged Fisherman's Buster is the Aoi Shoudou used by Kenny Omega, the current IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion in NJPW as well as the Electric Chair into German Suplex, which is Omega's Coyote's Wrath. The Crunch is the Axe Guillotine Driver used by Takao Omori, the Figure Four Necklock and the Somersault Cutter are both moves used by Charlotte in NXT, the Firemans Carry Neckbreak is the Ushikoroshi used by Hirooki Goto, the Handspring Cutter is the latest version of the Lethal Injection used by Jay Lethal

Some more?

The Spinning Bomb is the Spiral Bomb used by Ohati in Zero-One, the Straight Jacket German is used by Tanahashi, Ibushi and Nakajima, the Strong Style Knee Strike is as DC pointed out the Boma Ye used by Nakamura, the Tequilla Sunrise is the submission move that Konnan used way back in the day during his WCW spell. The More Bang is the More Bang for Your Buck as used by the Young Bucks and finally the New Generation combo is the old Steen/Generico finishing combination.

Some of the others don't or shouldn't need introduction to wrestling fans and some (like the Lumber Check) I'm to too sure uses them in real life but I think that's most of the new moves covered if you wondering who to use them for CAW wise.

• 2 months later...

The third (and final?) Showcase mode is due out later this week and it's the turn of Ultimate Warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ViLdkxmrk

A new match type with the Body Bag match against Undertaker, plus Savage v Warrior at 'Mania (damn shame the correct commentary can't be included for the big matches; Heenan / Ventura & Gorilla would have been amazing).

Guest The Beltster
I've been playing this Warrior DLC today, its pretty cool to have so many extra arenas and guys from the era I loved unlocked.