Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Network: What are you watching?

dsrchris

The Angle 24 documentary was tremendous. It was the first 24 documentary I've seen.

Lately, I've been watching every RAW, SmackDown, and pay-per-view from late 2000. I'm currently on the September 4, 2000 episode of RAW in the midst of the love triangle between Triple H, Stephanie, and Kurt Angle. September 4 was the episode of RAW where Eddie Guerrero won his first Intercontinental Title by accidentally pinning Chyna.

I also plan to watch the new "Flashback Friday" series on the Network which is supposed to premiere sometime today. They're going to be doing a Flashback Friday episode for the 20th anniversary of DX.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest terrythunk
Been working through a lot of the 99 PPV's across all promotions, man the crowd was hot that year all over the place.

• 1 month later...
Guest Liam Richardson
Currently watching every Royal Rumble from the first to the last one,89 was watched last night, love the opening tag match. Which Royal Rumble ppv or Rumble natch itself Do people consider the best?

Guest Liam Richardson
Most people consider one or more of 92, 94, 98, 2001 and 02 the best rumble matches.

I'd after say there is some good ones there, I think my personal favourite would be 02.

Guest Liam Richardson
Mine would be all the ones I said. 01 and 98 maybe my top 2.

02 was star powered and enjoyable. Who will ever forget Mavens only claim to fame in dumping Taker out.

Austins Rumble wins are classics,which are helped by his storyline arc, they along with 99 and 00 are the ones I ve watched the most. But I must agree the star power they had throughout 02 was unbelievable and that Rumble does it for me,that final four was great!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Rogue Saint
I've been jumping around all the old PPV. I keep coming back to Royal Rumble 92. It's the best rumble match ever and Heenan and Monsoon put on a commentary masterclass.

Guest OrlandoStrong
I know a few of us now have got the WWE Network, so I thought it might be decent to have a thread where we can recommend shows on the network that everyone may not have checked out yet.

I'm currently watching "Signature Sounds: The Music of WWE", which is a kind of top 25 countdown of entrance music. The cool thing is they talk to Jim Johnston a lot about how he came up with the songs. There's an awesome little moment where Jim shows us what mankind's music originally sounded like when he wrote it on his piano, which is very cool, but there's some rubbish in there too. How are they gonna talk about Brodus Clay's music, and just have Jim Johnston no sell Ernest Miller?

So yeah, if you've found something cool you think the rest of us Network subscribers should check out, post it here.

we watch the pay per views

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest theVman

Is anyone watching NXT UK?

Its really picked up now - im loving the Dunne/Coffey stuff they have going on right now.

I prefer NXT UK to 205 now.

Guest theVman

I love the Edge and Christian show.

I think whats made me laugh the most is when they were camping with Matt Hardy on the Hardy compund and Christian said to Edge "Its not the first time you've pitched a tent on his property"

• 1 year later...

1998 WCW... started at Crockett ages ago and am now (literally right now) watching Souled Out 98. Not seen much WCW past 97 so I’m finding this stuff pretty interesting. Having always been a WWF guy I just had no time for WCW by the time I was old enough to go out drinking and partaking in other adult activities.

I’ve obviously read the horror stories, but excluding the excruciating disaster of Hogan/Sting there is some really good stuff here, I mean if you compare all of it to the current WWE then it’s ALL award worthy stuff... although I’ve not watched WWE for a few years I still read about it (I know, right?) and I just can’t...

Getting back on track, this Sould Out Show is ok... not got to Bret/Flair yet (which is what I’m looking forward too) but the Rick Martel revival.... hot dang! I’ve just seen Nash kill the Big Show! I’ve only ever heard about it but damn. Anyhoo, the Model is great. Dusty Rhodes however... that no good turncoat f**k! Still not quite understood why Hall had Rad Radfod in his corner, however.

Flair’s now walking that aisle... shame he doesn’t have the 92 WWF intro music because that’s the only Flair music that counts. Speaking of intro music, Bret Hart’s WCW theme is horrifying. Poor Bret, his life is catastrophic post screw job. I believe the only Bret WCW match I’ve seen is the Benoit one done in tribute to Owen. Bret’s really good here plus he has black wrist tape which is, for some reason, noticeable. Ric Flair is Flair before WCW took his soul and he’s great... “Ahhhh god! Ahhh ouch! Ahhhh my leg!”

This is a good match, it’s taking me an age to write this because I keep having to stop to watch it... I wish wrestling was even half as good nowadays *sigh*...

A clean finish submission win for the Hitman! Fancy that!? Flair really is the greatest of all time laying down for the only wrestler that’s had more sex than him! It was the right move and I’m hella excited for the Nitro follow up... is there is one.

Savage/Luger main event. Man, watching all the 97 Nitro’s has really made me a fan of Flexy Lexy. I know it’s proper weird that I’d get behind a guy that comes out every week and wins matches but I’m lying and it’s not weird... people who win make me care. Also WCW Miss Elizabeth is ridiculously attractive. It’s a real shame what happened to this trio... Luger wins with the Torture rack... wrack... back breaker.

I’m horrified that I know the nWo split into two groups and mortified that Sting becomes nWo... and I guess it’s 98 that it happens, but I’m gonna stick with it. It’s taken about 4 years for me to get this far and I’m not giving up!

WOW...talk about a blast from the past! :eek: Hope you are keeping well!

I remember catching some of WCW which I think used to air late night on ITV. Once Nitro got going they aired it on TNT over here, so I watched that every week. I never watched any of the PPVs though as they never showed them over here. I've got the WWE Network but I've never really felt like watching the PPVs now, I think I'll find it pretty depressing compared to these days.