WWE Network: What are you watching?

dsrchris

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest terrythunk
He was just being Dean. Austin was likely being fed lines from the truck, also. If Dean had appeared on Austin Podcast One show, and it was the two of them sitting on a couch, there is no way Austin would have been so obtuse.

I've been watching Ride Along regularly and have enjoyed the series. That was until the most recent episode with Charlotte & Ric Flair and Cole, JBL, & Byron. The Charlotte/Ric parts of the show were....okay, I suppose but the parts with the commentators was dreadful. Whether Byron is playing a "loser" character or if he is really like that, this episode of Ride Along was hard to watch. All it was was several minutes of JBL & Cole bullying Byron (ringing a cowbell in his ear while he's driving, making fun of his wrestling career, and leaving him at a gas station) so I really hope the whole thing was an act. Either way, this episode was just bad. The best parts of Ride Along are the interesting stories from the road and seeing Superstars in a real life situation.

Guest terrythunk
Table for 3 is back and the first ep of the new series was pretty damn funny as Mark Henry, Big Show and Kane talk about their 20+ year careers (think about that; all three have been on TV for two damn decades).

And this episode was the most fun I have had in watching them in many years, it was great.

• 2 months later...
Watching a royal rumble a day (well 2 some days to fit all of them in) before rumble 2017. Day one 1988. The only 20 man rumble and the first non house show one. Got to say its my least fav rumble. Nothing of note happens at all and the rumble doesn't even main event. A random tag match does.

• 2 weeks later...

Copycat. Ha ha no it is the thing to do in the rumble season.

In further detail to my post above I have now watched rumbles 89 to 92 inclusive.

89 was fairly enjoyable with one of the few surprise winners over the years. Thumbs up

90 and 91 were good matches although I question highly Hogan winning both. Perfect definitely should have won 91. Still both get thumbs up.

92 is 92. You all know its good so moving on. Actually no rose tinted glasses aside for a second as great as it is theres a ton of mid card losers in the rumble. However every one of them is booked to look good. 17 thumbs up.

93. Ah this one polarised people at the time and probably still now. Its mostly booked well and personally I like it enough to be in my top 5 rumbles. That said the ending is horrible and makes Randy Savage look like an idiot. The other ending was actually a better end. I refer to former champ Bob Backlund going from bell to (almost ) bell and just failing to dump Yoku at the end. Good Rumble thumbs up.

Watching 94 (yae) and 95 (boo) next.

Decided to watch every Raw, PPV (and eventually Smackdown, when it starts) from Badd Blood: In Your House (Kane's debut) up until WM 16 (2000) but may go longer. Currently up to 2 weeks after Royal Rumble '98.

• 4 months later...
Guest Spills

I started with Mania 17 and have watched every episode of raw and smackdown and PPVs all the way to where I am ATM, raw 2002 second eps after summer slam where the big gold belt was brought back and awarded to HHH. Obviously fast forward through a lot of matches and watch the good stuff.

Remember why I didn't like the invasion angle tho, such a shame as almost every1 ended up at WWE in the end anyway.

Guest GeorgeJones1993
I picked a random WCW ppv as I've never watched an entire one. Went for Uncensored 98 and the strength of the lower card guys is unreal. Eddie, Booker T, Malenko, Jericho, Raven, Benoit and DDP, that was the first three matches.

I picked a random WCW ppv as I've never watched an entire one. Went for Uncensored 98 and the strength of the lower card guys is unreal. Eddie, Booker T, Malenko, Jericho, Raven, Benoit and DDP, that was the first three matches.

And its no wonder WCW died. Under 1 year later In Jerichos and 16 months in Eddie, Malenkos, Benoits case all 4 were in WWF (E). Booker and DDP were the only 2 left on that list until WCW died.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RFDL
I am making my way through 1998 and I am up to King of the Ring. Its interesting to see that the Rock is starting to get a bit of a pop and the "Rocky Sucks" chants are getting quieter.

• 2 weeks later...
I finished watching the Kurt Angle 24 documentary on the network. It is a must watch, Kurt is really honest and it is quite eyeopening. Be warned, it may bring a tear to your eye.

• 4 weeks later...