Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Network: What are you watching?

dsrchris

There would need to be a lot of negotiations with the various film distributors and collaborating studios before that could happen, plus WWE would then have to pay royalties to the "important" people associated with the films (to varying degrees, this would be actors, producers, directors, investors, other studios... the list goes on and on).

WWE owns outright all of the wrestling libraries on the Network, so only really have to pay royalties to the featured wrestlers / on-screen talent, so is relatively cost-effective. Adding the movies could see a requirement to up the subscription fee to accommodate the additional outlay.

On the flip side, it could also see them cutting a deal with their collaborating studios to feature their non-WWE-affiliated movies (and TV shows) on the Network, enticing less-than-die-hard wrestling fans to possibly subscribe.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking Ground was a great watch, however showing behind the scenes stuff is very detrimental to the product
I'm completely the opposite; I think it's a great way to get to know the wrestlers and make an attachment to them, etc.

I mean, Baron Corbin really benefited from the show, as did Tino, Breeze, Bayley, Carmella, Mojo and a few others.

Recent, I watched the Legends With JBL interview with Road Dogg and that was cool, while also going through some of the old Mid-South wrestling they have in the vault section.

Table for 3, however, cannot return fast enough.

Yeah it's sort of been referenced before but this was the first bona-fide name check. It was just to enable JBL to slag Russo off some more though.

I thought JBL came across better in the Bischoff interviews. There was a tad of snardyness in this one.

I binged on Breaking Ground last week. See Baron Corbin and Dana Brooke in a completely different light now.

Guest StefanC

I was able to watch from about 6 months before WM3 until some time after WM6.

After that time it was not possible to watch in my country, and maybe I didn't want to watch, I don't remember.

But here and there I could get my hands on WWE Magezine or a WM or RR VHS.

I started watching again mid 2004, mostly RAW, and when the HHH/Batista feud really got underway I also started

watching SD. And all PPV's. Didn't stop since.

But that means I missed almost everything from mid 1990 to mid 2004.

Now, with the Network, I'm finally able to catch up. I got my subscription just 3 days before this years RR,

and I've been binge watching ever since.

I started with PPV's from 1990 to 1995 and every episode of RAW, and I'm now in may 1998, with this McMahon - Austin feud.

I have heard stories of this feud and saw bits and pieces, and PPV's but never really the RAW shows, and I am having a blast!

Now I finally understand why (with respect) people bitch and moan about the current status of WWE.

They're all a bunch of pussies! The crowd was WILD when Austin and McMahon go at it, just talking!

Every time Austin's music would hit, or he would talk, the crowd would eat it up, me included.

I just don't want this to end but I know it will, noooooo.

I don't just watch Austin but the entire episodes of RAW and all PPV's but what's the deal with Chyna?

She's just standing there looking...well...jacked up and probably up to her ears in steroids, but..doing nothing?

Not wrestling? Or is this still to come?

Sorry for the long one folks, but I am loving this, and young Steph (woohoo) and Shane are still to come into the picture.

I don't just watch Austin but the entire episodes of RAW and all PPV's but what's the deal with Chyna?

She's just standing there looking...well...jacked up and probably up to her ears in steroids, but..doing nothing?

Not wrestling? Or is this still to come?

She began just like a bodyguard and progressed over the next few years. You'll note her change of appearance too, I think she had a fair bit of plastic surgery.

Lots of good stuff coming up for you to enjoy Stefan!

Guest StefanC
She began just like a bodyguard and progressed over the next few years. You'll note her change of appearance too, I think she had a fair bit of plastic surgery.

Lots of good stuff coming up for you to enjoy Stefan!

Oh yeah, I think I saw her on some tv show, I think 3rd rock from the sun, years ago, she looked a hell of a lot better.

Where I'm at now on the network, she already has had her puppies inflated.

I will enjoy it, got a lot of free time and I can even watch at work when I'm on an evening or night shift.

Thanks ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pheadley
ashamed to say total divas, its the biggest load of crap. but when you see nikki in a sexy nurses uniform you keep watching in hope of another little gem.

The JBL interview with Ron Simmons was good and we have at least three more to look forward; Booker T, Michael Hayes and Jimmy Hart.

Ride Along is a fun 20mins and is great example of how just getting a glimpse of these guys out of character and hanging out with each other (a la Breaking Ground) can be just as entertaining as when they are "on".

New Day last week were hilarious and Sheamus / Barrett (replete with footage from Irish Whip Wrestling) was fun too.

Guest Garrymcl88
I'm currently watching Monday Night Wars for the 3rd time all over again :eyebrows:

I've just started watching this.This time has some of my fav memories. Even though it wasn't the best time for wrestling i cant help but still get hyped watching it.

Guest Mathios_9

watched all the Monday Night Wars documentaries and thought they were class! Well worth a watch, not just for people who were fans then and remember it but also fans like me who just want educating :)

Watched most of the Table for 3 series which can be good in fits and starts, watched the last two Wrestlemania's a few times too! Loved last years and was showing my fiancee the Daniel Bryan theme of WM30 since she watches WWE with me now!

Guest Danichapp

The other day i watched the hart family documentary (beyond the ring documentaries) and i have to say I really enjoyed it!

I'm currently watching raws from 1999 slowly

I've just started watching this.This time has some of my fav memories. Even though it wasn't the best time for wrestling i cant help but still get hyped watching it.

No kidding man, best era by far (wrestling part excluded)

Guest Jack D. Napier
I know a few of us now have got the WWE Network, so I thought it might be decent to have a thread where we can recommend shows on the network that everyone may not have checked out yet.

I'm currently watching "Signature Sounds: The Music of WWE", which is a kind of top 25 countdown of entrance music. The cool thing is they talk to Jim Johnston a lot about how he came up with the songs. There's an awesome little moment where Jim shows us what mankind's music originally sounded like when he wrote it on his piano, which is very cool, but there's some rubbish in there too. How are they gonna talk about Brodus Clay's music, and just have Jim Johnston no sell Ernest Miller?

So yeah, if you've found something cool you think the rest of us Network subscribers should check out, post it here.

The new Edge and Christian show is absolutely hilarious! I'm going to be looking forward to watching that. Ride Along is pretty interesting too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Danichapp
I've been into the new collections section and been loving the Shane McMahon and four horsewomen sections!