Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nachomuncher
Because modern fans are morons and 2007 wrestlers dont know how to work. IF they knew how to work, they would be able to slap on a headlock for 30 minutes and keep the crowd.

:kane 100% behind you on that one long gone are the days when you payed for what you got more action and a star who not only put a lock on his opponent but locked the fans.:kane

http://nachoking-nachoking.blogspot.com

I'd be bored by a 30 minute headlock no matter who did it. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena, I really don't care. Any headlock that lasts longer than 3 minutes would cause me to switch off.

What wouldn't make me switch off is more of this:

http://e.photos.cx/hla-c12.gif

Holy FAP!!!

Guest The Beltster

Good old Mr Kennedy, back to talking complete sh*t again. Stop denying it, you prat, it only makes you look worse!

Mr. Kennedy was interviewed by Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier out of South Carolina to promote tomorrow night's Raw in North Charleston. It was a revealing interview as he talked about the bad luck he's endured since joining WWE two years ago, not to mention his past steroid use.

Earlier this year, Kennedy learned that his name turned up on a list of clients of the Orlando-based Signature Pharmacy, an online firm that had been raided by law enforcement agencies in February 2007 for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors. In the interview, Kennedy explains why he was getting drugs from the busted online firm.

"I had a legitimate medical reason to have it," Kennedy says. "How was I supposed to know my doctor's a quack? I was injured and had a legitimate reason. I tore my lat in 2005. I had surgery, went home and had a staph infection that I almost died from. I lost about 45 pounds in about three days. I had a legitimate medical reason for having it, however my name turned up on that list. Vince and the company's hands were tied. They had to suspend me."

Although, what he's saying doesn't totally add up because Kennedy was getting banned drugs long after he had recovered from the lat (latissimus dorsi muscle) injury that put him out of action from December 2005 to May 2006. According to documents, between October 2006 and February 2007, Kennedy had received shipments of anastrozole (steroids), somatropin (Growth hormone) and testosterone (steroids). All three drugs are banned from the WWE Wellness Policy. Additionally, purchasing drugs over the Internet is prohibited by the policy. So if he had a legitimate medical reason for using steroids like he says, it makes you wonder why he didn't go to a legitimate medical doctor instead of a shady online one that's banned from the Wellness policy.

In the interview, Kennedy notes that he didn't catch a lot of heat from company officials when his name turned up on the Signature Pharmacy list. He says that it was a learning experience for him and that he plans on moving forward. Kennedy says the incident was a learning experience for him. "It's one of those things. But stuff happens in this business. I'm going to learn from my mistakes. I'm not going to make that same mistake again. I'm just going to keep pushing on and moving forward," Kennedy said.

Kennedy also talks about his momentum in WWE being dashed due to untimely injuries.

Additionally, back in August, he did an interview with The Sun out of the UK where he states that he stopped using steroids because of WWE's Wellness Policy. "I don't take steroids, but I have taken steroids in the past. I never took a lot, but when I was working the independent scene I was trying everything I could. I never took massive amounts of steroids and do you know why I stopped taking them? Because of the Wellness Policy. Because I knew that having a job with the WWE was way more important than the 10 pounds of extra muscle that the steroids gave me."

Guest SuperKick Kid

WWE needs to utilize, in my opinion, a major promotion in order to promote themselves further in trying to create a massive stir that invokes a lot more interest in wrestling to the common television viewer.

In my opinion, WWE needs to try and grab next years Superbowl Halftime show.

and I am not talking about something stupid like Halftime Heat, I mean having a ring inside the arena where the Superbowl is taking place. Toeing it out into the center of the field for Halftime, where a match can take place.

Now, if this were to happen. WWE would certainly need to have a HUGE match to invoke interest. Which means big star names. This however does not mean Hogan, Rock, or Austin.

WWE needs to showcase CURRENT talent.

I think no matter what, despite what I may think of him, The Undertaker is a huge attraction and would definitely need to be a participant of the match.

The other participant has to be a member of the Raw roster, so they can showcase both major shows.

This person can be 1 of 3 people. John Cena or Shawn Michaels or Triple H

I am not entirely sure how the crowd would react to John Cena, so I am hesitant to say him. I personally don't think the majority of Football fans would react well to Cena.

As for HBK or HHH, I think no matter who it is, they need to be under the DX banner because DX will never be forgotten and is a very well known part of wrestling history and the attitude era.

I think that something such as this could very well create more interest in wrestling than their was before. However it has to be well known figures to the public audience and it has to be someone they will react well to. Putting on a show in front of a HUGE audience like the Superbowl along with the millions and I mean MILLIONS watching at home and I think it could create a substantial increase in interest in the WWE product.

NEVER gonna happen. Although in Loolaa land if it did...

People watching the Superbowl are sports fans so putting the Undertaker out there is madness. You need wrestlers not gimmicks and steroids. You need Brian Danielson, you need Samoa Joe. You need guys that can make it look real, and look exciting. Having John Cena and his woeful punches, and his embarassing, useless moves like "You can't see me", would have wrestling booed out of the superbowl and make it into a bigger joke than it is.

You could impress people with blood, chairs and insane bumps, but not many people. It's a very bad idea actually.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Don't you mean Billions watching at home SKK, the Superbowl is watched by between 1 - 2 billion people world wide each year

The fans in the arena would as CR said boo any sort of wrestling out of the place besides its the organizors of the Superbowl who book the Halftime Entertainment, so WWE wouldn't be able to 'grab it' as you say best they could do is what they did before and pay the $10million or so for an add during halftime

NEVER gonna happen. Although in Loolaa land if it did...

People watching the Superbowl are sports fans so putting the Undertaker out there is madness. You need wrestlers not gimmicks and steroids. You need Brian Danielson, you need Samoa Joe. You need guys that can make it look real, and look exciting. Having John Cena and his woeful punches, and his embarassing, useless moves like "You can't see me", would have wrestling booed out of the superbowl and make it into a bigger joke than it is.

You could impress people with blood, chairs and insane bumps, but not many people. It's a very bad idea actually.

No offense man, but people that watch the Super Bowl will probably take Cena more serious than they would someone like Samoa Joe.

PS: The Undertaker's entrance alone would last the whole Half Time show. :lol

Guest Da Showstoppa
Going back to the shoot interview topic. I watched part 1 of the Ted DiBiase shoot last night, and it was a damn good piece.

I love listening to the older guys talking about their days in the territories.

WWE has a Ted Dibiase biography in the works apparently :)

Why would they take Cena seriously? Not even wrestling fans do.

Marks do, and to a certain degree some smarks also. Besides, that's not my point, what I was trying to say is that IMO, the people that will be at the SB will take someone like Cena (Who is better known and more famous than Joe) more seriously than someone like Joe.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I was thinking earlier that if WWE decided to call time on the ECW project than they might as well do so in a high profile feud between the land of extreme and Smackdown.

Imagine for example that the talent exchange is going well until Mr McMahon informs general managers Long and Estrada that there's only room for two brands in the WWE and as long as he's alive RAW will be one of them (being that it's the backbone of the company).

He then says that he approved the ECW and Smackdown talent sharing so that he could see for himself which show was more deserving of survival,and with that he says that at Survivor Series there will be a 10 man elimination match after which the winner will continue to thrive and prosper but the losing show will die (Vince would emphasise the word Die in the way only he can)

This announcement would be 3 months before SS and Vince would announce that talent could continue to appear on both shows but are free to stay with their brand or defect before the final match at survivor series.

This would lead to a lot of big names being head hunted/offered big contracts by the GMs and a lot of who can you trust scenarios playing out,Edge would be my first candidate to sign with ECW when he is guaranteed an ECW world title match,he becomes the champion (say in a screwjob finish Elijah and Shelton help him defeat Punk) and the new leader of the Extreme.

I know it's a rusty idea but maybe you guys could add layers to it or improve it?

Guest The Beltster

Beth Phoenix has cool music. Unique.

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter</i>

Jimmy Hart is currently trying to persuade Hulk Hogan into coming back for WrestleMania this year. The thought is that if NBC's American Gladiators is a hit they can use WrestleMania as a vehicle to cross-promote the show.

Hogan and Vince initially had a fall out early in 2007, largely because of his SummerSlam payoff. He was originally scheduled to be Donald Trump's representative at WrestleMania 23 in the role that went to Bobby Lashley. There were also ideas last year of having Hogan face Big Show or Great Khali at Ford Field with the idea of duplicating the famous Andre the Giant slam from 20 years earlier. Another idea that was pondered was to have Shane McMahon be Hogan's opponent with Khali in the corner (with the idea they couldn't trust a Hogan vs. Khali match) to build to a slam. The final straw for Hogan was when the WWE creative team did an angle where they used Jillian Hall to mock his daughter Brooke.

Hogan and Eric Bischoff had also talked about starting a new wrestling promotion as a nostalgia tour. The idea would be to take Hogan outside of North American to markets he had either rarely or never appeared. The talk of doing a U.S. tour lost a lot of interest after the Memphis show which tested the market for Hogan vs. Paul “Big Show” Wight by only drawing 2,200 fans. This was the only Hogan match this year, and since Nick's accident in August all talk in direction of the promotion has seemed to have been dropped.

With Hogan confirmed for next week's WWE Monday Night RAW 15th Anniversary show it does appear that his relationship with Vince is improving.

At last, an actual star on the show, somebody who makes it seem like its important and worth watching. I might actually watch WM next year and give a sh*t if Hogans there.

Hulk Rules.

Ha!

Edited by The Beltster

He was originally scheduled to be Donald Trump's representative at WrestleMania 23 in the role that went to Bobby Lashley. There were also ideas last year of having Hogan face Big Show or Great Khali at Ford Field with the idea of duplicating the famous Andre the Giant slam from 20 years earlier. Another idea that was pondered was to have Shane McMahon be Hogan's opponent with Khali in the corner (with the idea they couldn't trust a Hogan vs. Khali match) to build to a slam.

And this is the only time that I'll ever lay praise on Bobby Lashley. I'll take a million Lashley matches over the prospect of Hogan vs. Khali or Shane.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I'd rather see the greatest attraction in wrestling history (Mr Hogan) and a man who doesn't look ridiculous in a WWE ring (Flair I'm talking about you) in a high profile match at wrestlemania than a green,black version of goldberg,weak voiced non-personality called Lashley in a high profile match at wrestlemania.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I'd rather see a good match, personally.

And you'd get that from Lashley :lol

Sure you'd get the routine Hogan match of heel beats him down,hulk hulks up,hulk points finger and heel looks worried,hulk throws heel into ropes,hulk kicks opponent in the face,hulk hits legdrop and gets the pinfall win but that'd get a much louder and better reaction than any Lashley win ever has.

Guest SuperKick Kid

I wonder what kind of reaction Hogan will get at next weeks show with the whole Nick thing and the divorce. Probably will get the same ol' Hulkamania reaction, but who knows.

If Hogan does wrestle at Wrestlemania, I wonder who it will be against.........

a few names pop up: Flair, HBK again, Batista, Khali.....