Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

I can remember a great Hardcore Title match between Bossman and Al Snow that ended up leaving the arena, crossed the street and finished in a local bar.

That was at Summerslam 99, with Road Dogg doing the play by play right beside them with a mic, good stuff. Even crossed the street amongst traffic.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Beltster
The best one was Hardcore Holly and Al Snow winding up in the Mississippi River.
The gimmick that they were in the river was something new at the time, but the actual match was complete crap whereas the Snow/Road Dogg match was of top quality.

If I remember right, Road Dogg piledrove (is it piledrove or piledrivered?) Al onto a snow-covered wooden pallet.
Yup he drilled him on the snow-covered pallet. I think he hit him with a toilet roll aswell :lol I recall the ref falling over in the snow aswell I think.

Why not go back to the days when you didn't need a million chairshots to finish someone, you just needed one well timed, well placed shot. That way half the build of the match is chair being blocked, and going back and forth between the participants. I used to love when there'd be no real hits for the first 5 minutes just plenty of near misses (people nearly getting their heads slammed in things, ducking out of chair/baseball bat shots, that kind of thing)

The fact that hardcore matches now usually involve 2 guys bludgeoning each other for the duration just makes the guys look stupid, and lessens the effect that bringing weapons into a match has on fans. I can remember when a chair used to be brought into the ring and everyone would be like "oooh someone's gonna get it big style!" But now it's a resounding meh everytime someone brings a weapon to the ring.

Guest Da Showstoppa
Why not go back to the days when you didn't need a million chairshots to finish someone, you just needed one well timed, well placed shot. That way half the build of the match is chair being blocked, and going back and forth between the participants. I used to love when there'd be no real hits for the first 5 minutes just plenty of near misses (people nearly getting their heads slammed in things, ducking out of chair/baseball bat shots, that kind of thing)

The fact that hardcore matches now usually involve 2 guys bludgeoning each other for the duration just makes the guys look stupid, and lessens the effect that bringing weapons into a match has on fans. I can remember when a chair used to be brought into the ring and everyone would be like "oooh someone's gonna get it big style!" But now it's a resounding meh everytime someone brings a weapon to the ring.

If you can get WWE to figure it out let me know (and them)

Guest Slim Jim
Whats the difference between a Hardcore match, a street fight, and a No DQ match?

Street fights and No DQ are the same, but hardcore matches have the falls count anywhere stipulation.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
The best one was Hardcore Holly and Al Snow winding up in the Mississippi River.

Agreed.

I have Summerslam 99 on video so I think I will watch it later to see the Bossman v Al Snow again :lol

Guest Jimmy Redman

Of course not, that would be amazing.

Its funny to think that we've already got Santino/Austin and Santino/Jericho, in the few months he's been awesome. Usually people are great and we spend years thinking "Blah vs Rocky would be awesome!"

Edited by Jimmy Redman

Guest The Joker
Am I the only one that would cream if he saw a Santino/Rocky promo?

I cant even imagine it, because it goes beyond awesome. It seriously has to be done, if The Rock comes back for a one off promo they have to put Santino in with him.

Or even better. This week's RAW, the 15th Anniversary show, and Vince has promised that The Rock will be there.....only for Santino (in an homagé to his parody of Austin) comes out in Rock-wear and does an impression of The Great One (down to mannerisms and speech).

Guest Da Showstoppa
Or even better. This week's RAW, the 15th Anniversary show, and Vince has promised that The Rock will be there.....only for Santino (in an homagé to his parody of Austin) comes out in Rock-wear and does an impression of The Great One (down to mannerisms and speech).

I bet that's a helluva lot better than whet they actually do! Austin stuns the McMahon family again yawn.

Spot on bro. As much as I love seeing people get the f**k beaten out of them with all manner of implements, Raven said it best on one of his shoot DVDs - probably the most well known chairshot in ECW history was the one he suffered at the hands of Tommy Dreamer whilst handcuffed to the cage.

After the build to their match, and the fact that he had still never beat Raven, he didn't need to bludgeon him half to death with the chair, he just slapped the cuffs on, and gave him a solitary shot to the head to a motherf**ker of a pop.

Guess you could apply the same logic to most bad booking decisions generally!

Guest jim vs shark
Spot on bro. As much as I love seeing people get the f**k beaten out of them with all manner of implements, Raven said it best on one of his shoot DVDs - probably the most well known chairshot in ECW history was the one he suffered at the hands of Tommy Dreamer whilst handcuffed to the cage.

After the build to their match, and the fact that he had still never beat Raven, he didn't need to bludgeon him half to death with the chair, he just slapped the cuffs on, and gave him a solitary shot to the head to a motherf**ker of a pop.

Guess you could apply the same logic to most bad booking decisions generally!

cyberslam 1996

headhunters vs The Bruise brothers

a perfect example of where there are so many chair shots, the idea of a chair shot loses meaning

Guest The Beltster

I attended my son's 3rd grade school play today, and there were about 150 - 200 people there and it dawned on me: they drew better than all UK shows and TNA

:lol

Guest John Hancock
I attended my son's 3rd grade school play today, and there were about 150 - 200 people there and it dawned on me: they drew better than all UK shows and TNA

More recognisable names too.

Santino with the Rock sideburns would make my day. :lol

The Santino says, shut your role and know your mouth!

If you cook what Santino is smelling!

Edited by Drake

Yeah but that was only because they had such a huge roster... no one 3rd grader can pull those kinda numbers! No way no how! :lol

Santino with the Rock sideburns would make my day. :lol

The Santino says, shut your mouth and know your role!

If you cook what Santino is smelling!

If you taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaste what Santino ... is braising!