Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I was looking at Powerslam and noticed for the first time that Raw and Smackdown while getting very different ratings actually get the same sort of viewing numbers, never thought about the actual numbers behind the ratings before

15th October Raw - 3.29 (4.38 million viwers)

22nd October Raw - 3.32 (4.81 million viwers)

5th October Smackdown - 2.52 (4.26 million viwers)

12th October Smackdown - 2.60 (4.53 million viwers)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScottyB

Whats wrong with the WWE officials this past week?

Firstly on Raw, during the HBK/Orton match, when Kennedy interferes, instead of DQ Orton due to HBK getting attacked, he counts HBK out.

Then on SD, during the Edge/Kane match, all Edge does is bring a chair into the ring and its an instant DQ, where as normally, the official attempts to remove the item before the superstar actually uses it, and only calls for the bell when the item is used.

Whats wrong with the WWE officials this past week?

Firstly on Raw, during the HBK/Orton match, when Kennedy interferes, instead of DQ Orton due to HBK getting attacked, he counts HBK out.

Then on SD, during the Edge/Kane match, all Edge does is bring a chair into the ring and its an instant DQ, where as normally, the official attempts to remove the item before the superstar actually uses it, and only calls for the bell when the item is used.

The second one seemed odd to me too, but the HBK one is easy to explain away. Kennedy didn't attack Michaels. Shawn leapt over the ropes onto MK, who was left with no choice but to defend himself. HBK chose to leave the ring, and that is why the referee counted.

I was looking at Powerslam and noticed for the first time that Raw and Smackdown while getting very different ratings actually get the same sort of viewing numbers, never thought about the actual numbers behind the ratings before

15th October Raw - 3.29 (4.38 million viwers)

22nd October Raw - 3.32 (4.81 million viwers)

5th October Smackdown - 2.52 (4.26 million viwers)

12th October Smackdown - 2.60 (4.53 million viwers)

Loads of people get confused over the ratings and think that a 4.0 means 4 million people when it's actually a percentage. Obviously a network like CW would have a bigger reach than a cable network, hence SmackDown ratings are the same as Raw with a smaller percentage.

Guest The Great Ahmar

How John Cena kept the WWE title for so long:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/jsbud11/07.jpg

Umaga was not impressed

http://www.moonsault.de/eurowrestling/bilder/2007-04-21_wwe/148.jpg

Wait, why the hell is he wearing Edge's kickpads?

It was reported a while ago. I think Umanga lost some kind of bet and had to wear Edge's kickpads.

Someone needs to post the picture of him in Orton's tights.

http://wrestlingarts.com/images/stories/DSCF2112b.jpg

Once again, Drake is here to save the day.

Indeed he did. Someone needs to find the pictures. By someone I mean not me.

http://i6.tinypic.com/54bccia.jpg

Drake, thanks a bunch. On any other night, those pictures would be the highlight, but on a night of such great returns, it's merely a footnote to an above average reality.

The truth shall set us free:

Someone on another forum speaking about Cody Rhodes:

When you create a superstar on a wrestling game he is Default.

It's a close call between him and Mike Knox as the dullest wrestler alive, but at least Mike has a beard.

Am I the only one seriously underwhelmed with Chris Jericho? For lack of a better term, I've found him to be pretty weak and of no threat to the championship scene at all. I can smell him becoming the highest paid upper-midcarder come Wrestlemania. The crowds aren't reacting, his promos sound forced and for all the hype, he isn't delivering.

Am I the only one seriously underwhelmed with Chris Jericho? For lack of a better term, I've found him to be pretty weak and of no threat to the championship scene at all. I can smell him becoming the highest paid upper-midcarder come Wrestlemania. The crowds aren't reacting, his promos sound forced and for all the hype, he isn't delivering.

Yeah his promo's since getting back haven't really been up to par... but to me is sounds like he's being fed lines that would otherwise go to Cena. The style and "insults" are very reminiscent of John's. Its good to see him back, but he still feels off balance, and isn't quite in the groove he once had. He was always best as a heel too. I'd say he should go tweener, basically being his arrogant douchey self, but to heels. The scritping has to go too. He still looks comfortable in the ring as his timing and delivery is the best on the roster from where I'm sitting.

Yeah, KYJ's return hasn't been what I expected. But like Twiggie said, his lines just seem stupid and very childish. Can it be that the WWE writing team are feeding him stupid lines ala Cena?