Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Louder reaction, sure. But Lashley/Umaga was a great match with a good crowd and it did exactly what it had to do.

I'd take that over Hogan vs. Khali. Think about it. Hogan... and Khali!!! At least Cena and Taker are super workers and can carry people these days. Hogan can only bring in a crowd reaction and even that'd have to be assisted by Vince at ringside. I remind you again... Khali.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Flair/Hogan for the big Flair sendoff. Promote the beJesus out of it, see what happens.

Batista, HBK, Khali or anyone else would be so insignificant.

Guest The Beltster

Umaga vs Lashley at WM23 was utterly pants, and thats because Lashley is worthless and neither of them were/are over enough to have such a high profile match at WM. They were completely overshadowed by the people who were representing them, that says it all.

Hogan vs Shane would have been alot better, Hogan brings the main event, Shane can bump and there is the history of Hogan and Vince, plus Vince representing his son makes...you know...SENCE! Something WWE lacks.

As for this year, if it happens, Hogan putting over Flair in his retirement is something I could cope with, however I think with it being a stipulation that Flair goes until he loses means he is losing at WM, and Hogan going over Flair in his retirement makes me happy. F*ck you, Slick Ric!

I doubt Hogan will work WM24, though. I doubt he will be at RAW, either.

Guest Da Showstoppa
I'd rather see the greatest attraction in wrestling history (Mr Hogan) and a man who doesn't look ridiculous in a WWE ring (Flair I'm talking about you) in a high profile match at wrestlemania than a green,black version of goldberg,weak voiced non-personality called Lashley in a high profile match at wrestlemania.

Man I had a picture of Goldberg painted black and green for a moment! :lol

Lashley/Umaga was a damn fine match. Lashley can work well when in the ring with a good opponent, and Umaga is one of the best workers on the planet right now. Added with the outside factors and it worked fine and got a good crowd reaction.

As for Flair's retirement, I'd rather see him face HHH or Dusty.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I was thinking about the flag match Daivari had on RAW against Jim Duggan and couldn't help but realise how little WWE care for certain gimmick matches which if booked properly could add something to a feud instead of being a throwaway match with no reasoning behind it.

The hardcore match is another that's just been used to death on television without any reasoning or background story behind it,they just put random guy A and random guy B in there,give them a kendo stick and some trash can lids and say " hit each other a few times than go to the finish "

I remember when a hardcore match used to mean something and wasn't just a five minute joke.

Last hardcore match that actually did mean something was Edge vs Mick Foley at wrestlemania 22,a good feud behind it and an intense match.

I thought the Hardcore match that featured Edge and Foley at One Night Stand 2 meant something. The build that match had, with Foley turning heel on Tommy Dreamer, taking a pasting (real punches) from Terry Funk and then having a fantastic, heat-filled blow-off was awesome.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I thought the Hardcore match that featured Edge and Foley at One Night Stand 2 meant something. The build that match had, with Foley turning heel on Tommy Dreamer, taking a pasting (real punches) from Terry Funk and then having a fantastic, heat-filled blow-off was awesome.

That too was a hardcore match that really meant something but my points remains valid,WWE (and TNA should not be ignored here either) need to stop using gimmick matches for no reason and with no background behind them.

Guest dpddave

I remember when a hardcore match used to mean something and wasn't just a five minute joke.

I cant. When the Hardcore title existed,it was the biggest joke ever. And matchs usually lasted all of about 30 seconds with the title changing hands 10 times a night. Thats when the damage was done.

I cant. When the Hardcore title existed,it was the biggest joke ever.

Tosh. Sure for the end of its existance, but when it started it was used amazingly well. Hell, even Road Dogg fitted well into the division and put on decent matches.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Tosh. Sure for the end of its existance, but when it started it was used amazingly well. Hell, even Road Dogg fitted well into the division and put on decent matches.

Don't forget Al Snow's contributions or the fact it gave Steve Blackman a personality!

Without the Hardcore title we would have missed out on the sight of Al Snow wrestling himself and losing. This also led to Bob Holly becoming Hardcore Holly, feuding with Al and fighting him into the Mississippi River.

As has also been touched upon, the matches to start with were great. Foley, Road Dogg, Bossman, Al Snow and others were fantastic. I even enjoyed the 15-man Battle Royal at WM16 (with The Posse winning the title and Pete Gas bleeding all over the place).

The problems started when Crash started the 24/7 rule, and then degenerated into farce not long after WM16.

The belt should have been kept like it originally began. Defended in matches with no rules, but only featuring the wrestlers booked in the match in the decision. By all means have run-ins, but not the title changing hands sixty times a week.

Oh, I almost forgot about Patterson and Brisco feuding over it under Evening Gown Match rules. Who could forget the Skidface?

I rather liked the 24/7 rule, I thought it worked well for such a gimmicky belt. Whats the title in Japan thats been held by a ladder? Those matches are actually (from an amusing standpoint) really good matches. I think there is always a place for gimmicky matches but you have to know how to pace them out and not metaphoricly blow it load too soon...

Guest The Beltster
The best hardcore title match I remember in the WWF was Al Snow vs Road Dogg where they wrestled all the way out of the building and in the snow. It was awesome.

Guest Da Showstoppa
The best hardcore title match I remember in the WWF was Al Snow vs Road Dogg where they wrestled all the way out of the building and in the snow. It was awesome.

The best one was Hardcore Holly and Al Snow winding up in the Mississippi River.

If I remember right, Road Dogg piledrove (is it piledrove or piledrivered?) Al onto a snow-covered wooden pallet.

Oh, and Rog, there isn't much of a difference to be honest. The main one is that pinfalls count anywhere in a hardcore match, whereas in a standard no-DQ or Streetfight, pinfalls need to be in the ring.

I can remember a great Hardcore Title match between Bossman and Al Snow that ended up leaving the arena, crossed the street and finished in a local bar.