Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Am I the only one seriously underwhelmed with Chris Jericho? For lack of a better term, I've found him to be pretty weak and of no threat to the championship scene at all. I can smell him becoming the highest paid upper-midcarder come Wrestlemania. The crowds aren't reacting, his promos sound forced and for all the hype, he isn't delivering.

You're not the only one my friend,I never felt he'd save us to be honest.

Guest Jimmy Redman

As an aside I think it is also because, if you'll excuse me, its only Chris Jericho. He is a great upper midcarder, good on the mic and useful champion fodder, but he's not main event.

And it took them ages when they pushed guys like Orton and Edge before they were accepted as main eventers, and sometimes they still arent, Orton in particular. Jericho was a midcarder during his last run, he left in a title feud yes, but he was still a midcarder. Him coming back straight into the main event isnt believable I dont think.

I've heard the rumor thrown around, and I'm not sure if there's any truth to it, but it'd sure make a hell of a lot more sense if y2j came back to save us from Cena. The computer themed gimmick he's got now would surely be harkening to us in the IWC, and he'd be the voice of the Cena-hating smarkasses. Anyways I think it'd be agreed upon by all parties that such an angle would've been a much better from all POVs.

From another forum. Take it now before people start complaining:

Weekend Bryan & Vinny Show~!

This week: "IT'S THE WEEKEND BRYAN & VINNY SHOW~! We've got four big shows to discuss, but first, it's time to LAY DOWN THE LAW ABOUT TNA. My sanity is at stake, and changes must be made. After getting that business out of the way, it's a discussion of a wretched Impact, a boring ECW, an average Smackdown, and a fun last episode of Ultimate Fighter. Vinny and I will also preview tonight's TUF, always an exciting segment. A fun way to kick off the weekend!"

http://www.mediafire.com/?fn0il0v9jwi

Edited by DraVen

Guest The Great Ahmar
From another forum. Take it now before people start complaining:

Weekend Bryan & Vinny Show~!

This week: "IT'S THE WEEKEND BRYAN & VINNY SHOW~! We've got four big shows to discuss, but first, it's time to LAY DOWN THE LAW ABOUT TNA. My sanity is at stake, and changes must be made. After getting that business out of the way, it's a discussion of a wretched Impact, a boring ECW, an average Smackdown, and a fun last episode of Ultimate Fighter. Vinny and I will also preview tonight's TUF, always an exciting segment. A fun way to kick off the weekend!"

http://www.mediafire.com/?fn0il0v9jwi

Is that the show that features this rant?

I lost my mind during the main event of this show. I went totally bat-**** crazy. This is what I wrote:

You know what? I quit. I'm ending Impact coverage in this newsletter. This show is such a waste of my time, and at 32, I just don't have it in me to waste my time like this anymore. Such a useless ****ing show. I'm more than willing to buy the PPVs every month because at least I can see some good wrestling, but this show is just the worst programming I've ever seen in my life. I don't care what anyone says, this is so much worse than Nitro or Thunder ever got. At least I could laugh at how stupid that was. This just makes me angry, and causes me to hate this business that I've loved since I was 14 years old. If you are reading this and will quit if I don't cover Impact, well, that's not very nice, and I'm fine with someone like you not subscribing. I can't handle this anymore. But listen, I'll make everyone a deal. I will compromise. I will give this another shot starting at Final Resolution. I'll watch the PPV and go back to watching Impact after that. But I am doing a one-month boycott and I don't give a **** what anyone says. This is my newsletter. REVIEW OVER.

About 20 minutes after writing this rant I did a Figure Four Daily with Dave Meltzer. He did not lose his mind watching this show. In fact, there were things on this show that he was able to enjoy. I didn't understand. How was this possible? How could anyone find ANYTHING good about TNA? I have known Dave for ten years and his love for this sport, even in 2007 when watching Impact, impresses me. What is wrong with me?, I thought. Where did I lose my way? The next day, I did another Figure Four Daily, this time with Diamond Dallas Page. Yes, the most positive man in the wrestling business. Dallas Page loves everyone and he's always happy and he doesn't let anything get him down. (To be completely fair, I should note that he mentioned that he has not watched Impact lately.) And so I sat there and thought of TNA. Later, I went to the gym and I had a great workout (thanks, in part -- seriously -- to something I read about breathing in DDP's yoga book), and the sun was out and the birds were chirping (actually, it's winter and all the birds have gone South or are dead, but bear with me, it makes for a better story), and as I was driving to get some food I suddenly thought of Impact and got mad again. But only briefly; it suddenly hit me that I, Bryan Alvarez, was allowing a show -- A ****ING TELEVISION PROGRAM -- to make me upset. It wasn't like I had been robbed, or someone had broken into my house and stabbed me, or my bank collapsed or someone I knew got sick or died. IMPACT WAS AFFECTING MY MENTAL WELL-BEING. This, I determined, was complete bullshit. However, by QUITTING, I was acknowledging that MY MENTAL STATE HAD BEEN DEFEATED BY THIS TELEVISION PROGRAM. This was completely unacceptable. So I made a new decision. I WILL BEAT IMPACT, IMPACT WILL NOT BEAT ME. Impact, I have determined in my selfish brain, was created solely to outrage me, Bryan Alvarez. But I will not let it win. I will find a way, whether it involves liquor, picture-in-picture on my TV screen, the Internet, food, board games, in-call strippers, whatever, to ENJOY THE TWO HOURS WHEN IMPACT IS ON. Period. I will not be beaten. If that requires me to redouble my efforts to bury this show, or just skip over entire segments that make no sense and in the past would have frustrated me, or, worst case scenario, to write about something else entirely, so be it. I will still spend two hours with Impact on each week, but I will enjoy those two hours. Sometimes that will involve actually recapping TNA, and sometimes it will not. If you don't like it, as noted, this is my newsletter and this is my fragile mental state. So, with all that said, here is the Impact report I wrote before I originally lost my mind. You can see the seeds being sown. Next week we'll have fun.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

CM Punk reminds me of Rocky Maivia.

It's just that Mr. Straight Edge seems too goody-goody and too nice/too moral and it's an annoying thing.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Michelle McCool.

I was a fan of hers from the minute she appeared on TV properly. But with her recent "push", I do believe that she is developing the personality and the ability to become something in the WWE.

Guest jim vs shark

i'm guessing after some of the rants ive heard not many people did watch it

IMPACT SPOILERS

but did anybody notice how when they had the feast or fired segment, when selecting petey williams they opened up scott steiner's briefcase!? and then scott steiner was left pondering why in god's name he got a shot at the x-division title

and what the ****? low-ki/senshi is the one wanting to leave, yet they still went along with christopher daniels winning the briefcase anyway!? this probably means that senshi will have to slug it out until final resolution when he gets to leave then

Guest SuperKick Kid

Ok people, if I could do Wrestlemania this year. This is how I would book it:

Wrestlemania 24

WWE Championship:

Triple H vs Jeff Hardy

World Heavyweight Championship:

Undertaker vs Edge

ECW Championship:

CM Punk vs Shelton Benjamin

Street Fight:

Finlay vs Vince McMahon

#1 Contenders Match:

Randy Orton vs Batista

Hulk Hogan vs Shawn Michaels

Ric Flair vs Sting

Santino Marella in Piper's Pit

Mr. Kennedy vs Bobby Lashley

United States Championship:

MVP vs Matt Hardy

Money in the Bank:

Umaga vs Chris Jericho vs Carlito vs Elijah Burke vs Kane vs Rey Mysterio

Women's Championship:

Candice Michelle vs Beth Phoenix

Edited by SuperKick Kid

Guest SimonJamesJones
do people really see that much in Jeff that he's capable of being in the biggest match on the biggest card anywhere in the world all year?

Guest SuperKick Kid

Ah, I knew I'd get that question. Here is my response.

On my card, I have Edge/Taker, Hogan/HBK 2, Flair/Sting, MITB, Orton/Batista, Vince in a Street Fight.

All that right there is enough to draw even without Jeff/HHH on my card. So I don't have to worry about that being the major draw when I have so much more. I think that the entire card should be the draw, not just a huge main event.

As for the Main Event....

You see in my opinion, Wrestlemania is a place where the younger stars should be put over, where people should win their first WWE Championship, it's magical first time moments like that that make Wrestlemania what it is. That is why I have Jeff/HHH as the main event. And anyone who has had a long trek to the title, winning his first ever WWE Championship is a draw in itself.

Guest The Beltster
You have 11 matchs on the card though,thats way too many. Other than thats its fine. Well except for Lashley been in a match.
I disagree, all WrestleMania's used to feature 12-14 matches on average and it was much better. You had a few surprises, a squash, some segments and so on. Now you have 7-8 matches and they all go long, its too much.

I think SKK's WM lineup is pretty good, I'd look forward to it, apart from Triple H vs Jeff which I'm not sold on.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

My Wrestlemania 24 Card

World Heavyweight Title (plus no pinfall/submission losses streak at wrestlemania on the line for both men)

Edge (champion) vs Undertaker

WWE Title

Randy Orton (champion) vs Triple H vs Shawn Michaels

ECW Title

CM Punk vs Kane (build an alliance between the two and turn Kane heel at No Way Out after a match the pair have competed in,this'd give the big red machine one last run with a world title)

Money In The Bank Ladder Match

John Morrison vs Mr. Kennedy vs Bobby Lashley vs Jeff Hardy vs MVP vs Matt Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin vs Rey Mysterio

Tag Team Match

Finlay and Hornswoggle vs Mr. McMahon and Shane McMahon

End Of An Era Match (Flair's swansong)

Ric Flair vs Batista (both babyface so the respect card can be played to ultimate effect)

WWE Tag Team Titles

Jesse and Festus vs Deuce N Domino (champs) vs Big Daddy V and Mark Henry

World Tag Team Titles Gauntlet Match

Cody and Hardcore (champs) vs Londrick vs Cade/Murdoch vs Highlanders vs Cryme Tyme (surprise return as mystery entrants)

Chris Jericho vs Santino Marella