Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest DarkMatchJobber
taz was nasty...

He also believed his own hype,that he was a legit badass who could kick anybody's backside in a real fight,that's partly why WWE enjoyed humiliating him until he became Fat Taz.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I think wrestling'd be better if the introductions were done in the manner they are done in UFC/Boxing.

example: Rey Mysterio vs Super Crazy for cruiserweight title

Both men enter the ring to their theme.

Tony Chimel takes center stage in the ring and holds the mic,Rey and Crazy stand in opposite corners.

" Officiating this bout tonight,by way of ....,new york Mr. Nick Patrick "

" Standing to my right,he weighed in this morning at **** pounds and comes to us by way of San Diego,California...ladies and gentleman the reigning cruiserweight champion of the world,REY MYSTERIO!!! "

Rey then raises the belt and acknowledges the fans.

" And to my left,he weighed in this morning at **** pounds and is fighting out of Tijuana,Mexico......this is the challenger for the cruiserweight championship of the world.....SUPER...........CRAZY!!!!!! "

It'd give the matches that legit sporting feel and build hype for them.

Guest Slim Jim
I think they should do that with title matches. WWE do that quite often now and TNA always do it. Well, not exactly like that, but complete introductions after they've entered.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I think the UFC/Boxing style introductions would give the lower card/mid-card talent a morale boost in that they're being treated like stars.

Guest Slim Jim

I think they should announce non-title match entrances as they happen, but I suppose that's just me being used to it.

I think they should have the tale of the tape on all world title matches. I like the way TNA has the "Tag lines" for tag title matches, the "X-Factors" for X-Division title matches and then the "Tale of the Tape" for the World title matches.

That was the way most, matches were introduced in the original ECW, and it added a helluva lot to the show. Steven DeAngelis was, for my money, the best ring announcer in wrestling.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
On the RAW episode which featured the feud ending match between Edge and John Cena (refereed by Mick Foley) they showed several videos leading up to this main event match explaining the history between the two rivals,this added something extra to the match and in my opinion WWE should do this more often as it raises interest and as mentioned before can be a morale booster.

SummerSlam 1997 had way too many "if <SOMEBODY> Wins/Loses Stipulations"

-If Pillman loses he has to wear a dress on Raw

-If Bulldog loses he has to eat a can of dog food

-If Austin loses he has to kiss Owen Hart's ass

-If Bret Hart doesn't win the Title he can never wrestle in the USA again/if HBK shows favouritsm to Undertaker, he can never wrestle for the WWF again.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

I was just remembering what an idiot Tom Jones was on that episode of Dragons Den when he cut a crap promo on the dragons and was under the illusion they'd want to invest in his low-budget promotion,honestly the guy was an embarassment to English wrestling!

If it was someone like William Regal who'd left WWE and wanted to capatalise on his international name value and start his own promotion with people who have the financial brains so he could focus on the product itself than yeah the dragons would probably have gone for it.

I was just remembering what an idiot Tom Jones was on that episode of Dragons Den when he cut a crap promo on the dragons and was under the illusion they'd want to invest in his low-budget promotion,honestly the guy was an embarassment to English wrestling!

He was told by tehproducers to do it that way. It wasnt his choice.

And VPW are a damned decent fed, the UK Kid is a decent worker too.

I came across these little tit-bits about Jerry Lawler while reading about Duke "The Dumpster" Droese (don't ask). There was a link to a column on WWE.COM about the 700th episode of RAW, and there was a little segment about Jerry Lawler. Turns out he was the first person to use a weapon on the show, and also the first person to bleed on the show too.

One of the people who has been ringside for many of the 700 broadcasts is Jerry "The King" Lawler. The RAW commentator has watched the show evolve to a live format, incorporate elaborate pyrotechnic displays and has witnessed the integration of music and lighting with Superstar entrances. But that's not all. Lawler was inadvertently involved in a few RAW firsts.

"There was a guy they brought in named Duke "The Dumpster" Droese, and I hit him in head with his own garbage can. After I did that I was told that hitting people with an object wasn't allowed. Eventually that rule got relaxed, but I had to do an apology for hitting this guy and demonstrating such a brutal amount of violence," said Lawler.

Another time, Lawler was responsible for the first time blood was seen on RAW.

"In a match with Isaac Yankem and Bret Hart, they put me in a cage at ringside and hoisted me in the air about 30 or 40 feet. I was at such a height that my nose started bleeding. They got a shot of me with the blood running down my face and, again, I was informed that was the first time blood was shown.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
He was told by tehproducers to do it that way. It wasnt his choice.

And VPW are a damned decent fed, the UK Kid is a decent worker too.

Who told you that he was told by the producers to do all that? That sounds like a load of wrestlecrap right there,those seeking a dragons investment don't have to do anything other than convince the dragons they're a good investment in whatever way they think will work and besides which would Tom Jones agree to sabotage his own chances of getting money his promotion needs?

Who told you that he was told by the producers to do all that? That sounds like a load of wrestlecrap right there,those seeking a dragons investment don't have to do anything other than convince the dragons they're a good investment in whatever way they think will work and besides which would Tom Jones agree to sabotage his own chances of getting money his promotion needs?

There was a long thread about it on the UKFF back when it first happened. Tom knew that he wasnt going to get anywhere after he was told to do it in gear, so he decided to go along with it anyway in order to get some publicity for VPW. They actually filmed a full episode based around VPW, but it was scrapped in the end.

Oh, and for the record, if a producer or director told him to do it that way then he wouldnt have had a choice as they, you know, decide if he can even get on the show. I would have thought that was a bit obvious.

BTW, wasnt it money for a training school he was after?

Edited by Paul

I think the UFC/Boxing style introductions would give the lower card/mid-card talent a morale boost in that they're being treated like stars.

I'd rather they just use them for main events, otherwise it'll lose its appeal and won't seperate the main event (ie. the MAIN event) from the rest of the card. People should strive to get to that main event scene and the crowd should be sold on main events meaning something. Which is what has happened since Cena became champion.

Guest Danny Styles
I think that James Storm should be pushed and groomed to be TNA's number one heel as to put it simply, he's fantastic at drawing heat, and it's about time TNA pushed a home grown heel, AJ is the only one who's close and whilst being funny the push still isn't that good

Silvervision have released a double disc set of the Raw, Smackdown and ECW taped in Italy a few months back. Odd choice.

Guest Danny Styles

Right before William Regal filmed his segment for the Chris Benoit tribute show, JBL said to him, "you don't think he had anything to do with killing that boy, do you?"

[/Quote]

interesting little tidbit there, if you watch Regal's tribute thing you could tell he was thinking that because it was short and blunt

I've just caught up on my Impact viewing and I'm so chuffed! After the long months of waiting I've finally seen a Canadian Destroyer from Petey Williams! Woo!

How long's that been?

On the subject of moves I haven't seen on TV for a while, Styles Clash and Gringo Killer anyone?

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Move I've not seen for a while...Mark Henry when his opponents leaning on the middle rope and he runs up behind,jumps on their back and lands on his feet outside the ring,you know the one :)