Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest DanielFullard

Im not Meltzer's biggest fan but thats some funny stuff. I have a few on my PC from that era. Makes me wish he had wrote the Death of WCW book or rather wrote his own version of the final years of the company.

Speaking of books, Id really recomend John Listers "Turning the Tables" about the rise and fall of ECW

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Great Ahmar
Eric Bischoff has updated his online commentary on his official web site at http://www.ericbischoff.com.

Bischoff takes aim at Joanie Laurer who will be a guest on the Nancy Grace show on CNN. Bischoff writes, "mean what in the hell would this train wreck have to contribute? It would be like having O.J. Simpson on CNN to discuss the NFL’s responsibility to help prevent spousal abuse!"

Bischoff also comments on the frequent media appearances by Marc Mero, "Perhaps Marc Mero and his botox laden face will fill up the screen and wave his list just one more time."

Botox laden face! MUAHAHAHA. Agreed on the Chyna Point

Guest endgame

permanent damage

It looks so easy to permanently injure someone if you are not careful or if you want to do it. Who decides when someone is going to be taken out permanently. Can a wrestler in a bad mood decide to take someone out that way? It looks so easy. Like the way Shawn Michael and the others were taken out of the game by kicking them in a vulnerable spot. Anyone could be taken out that way.

It seems like it would be bad for business to permanently injure star wrestlers.

The thing I like about wrestling is the resilience of the wrestlers and the way they can keep getting back up. But lets face it, if they are hit in the right spot there ain't no getting up.

Just rambling to myself, so please ignore me if I don't make sense here.:?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x225/coolumbeach/penguin.gif

Edited by endgame

Guest The Beltster
I wish Rick Martel held the IC title in 1990...The Model was awesome! Watch the 1990 Survivor Series to see a guy who REALLY knows how to put a feud over.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Mr. Kennedy on Tom Green:

http://tomgreen.com/ondemand/?video=699

That was a really good and funny interview. Kennedy came off as pretty cool.

Caller: "Hmm...Yeah, Mr. Kennedy you are the man!"

Kennedy: "Yeah I know!"

Tom Green: "Can I call you Ken now?"

Kennedy: "I don't even let my mom call me Ken"

Guest SuperKick Kid

Sting could be really creepy at times.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6504/darkro5.gif

Guest Cathal

Here is the preview to Batista's book:

Dave Batista's new book "Batista Unleashed" is now in print and will be on sale later this year in October. Published by Simon & Schuster, the autobiography will detail the life and career of one of the most unique superstars to ever reach the top of the WWE mountain.

There are several very interesting facts about Batista revealed in the book preview at Simon & Schuster's official website. Below are just some of the topics the book covers:

- Batista didn't break into wrestling until he was thirty years old -- an age at which many wrestlers are thinking about hanging up their

- While successfully staying away from hard drugs and -- usually -- liquor, he found sex too tempting to resist. "Women were my drug of choice," the Animal confesses. That addiction cost him his marriage, destroying a relationship that had helped him climb from poverty to the pinnacle of sports entertainment in less than two years.

- Batista talks about growing up in the worst part of Washington, D.C., where three murders occurred in his front yard before he was nine. He speaks lovingly about his mother -- a lesbian -- and how hard she worked to keep the family not just together but alive.

- He talks candidly about his own criminal past: a conviction on a drug charge and another, since overturned, on assault. He speaks of his days as a bouncer and a lifeguard, and tells how bodybuilding may have saved his life.

- Once he made it to the WWE, Batista realized he wasn't really ready for the big time. His career seemed headed for a fall until Fit Finlay took him under his wing. But his real education came when he joined Evolution and rode with Triple H and Ric Flair, two of sports entertainment's all-time greats. Batista talks about what they taught him, and details some of their wild times on the road.

- Batista is a grandfather!! You read that right - Dave Batista's kids have kids!

Sting could be really creepy at times.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6504/darkro5.gif

Those were the days...

And Batistas book should be interesting, given that its not your run of the mill wrestling career.

Guest Danny Styles

I think Vince isn't helping himself and the WWE in this time of increased media pressure for steroids by pushing Lashley, Cena, Khali and Batista who are all blatantly roided up- it would make sense even for a short time until the heat has died down to push someone like Jeff Hardy who blatantly isn't on roids

it's not like the ratings are high at the moment and pushing someone who isn't roided up could help WWE's image a bit in public- with Orton being number one contender that probably helps a small bit as he doesn't look huge compared to the others

Guest Da Showstoppa
I wish Rick Martel held the IC title in 1990...The Model was awesome! Watch the 1990 Survivor Series to see a guy who REALLY knows how to put a feud over.

I remember the feud with Shawn over Sherri (including Summerslam 92's "Don't hit me in the face" match. I have to admit he was a bit before my time in wrestling terms.

Mike

From the blog of Jim Ross.

On ECW Tag Team Titles:

I am not a proponent of creating ECW Tag Titles because of the fact that I feel that there are too many titles in the biz already and the lack of depth on the ECW brand would not be conducive to a competitive tag team division.

I think Vince isn't helping himself and the WWE in this time of increased media pressure for steroids by pushing Lashley, Cena, Khali and Batista who are all blatantly roided up- it would make sense even for a short time until the heat has died down to push someone like Jeff Hardy who blatantly isn't on roids

it's not like the ratings are high at the moment and pushing someone who isn't roided up could help WWE's image a bit in public- with Orton being number one contender that probably helps a small bit as he doesn't look huge compared to the others

Well HHH is coming back in a month so there's gonna be no shortage of muscled-up guys.

I wouldn't mind Batista getting shafted for personal taste, but SmackDown's talent pool isn't a particularly main event one as it is (until Mysterio and Taker come back, and Mysterio will help no ones cause either).

Let's face it, if we took away all the "overdosed-on-steroids" workers away, we'd have lost Batista, Lashley, Snitsky, Mysterio, HHH, etc. We'd be left with Cena defending against Mark henry every week.

Which I wouldn't actually have any problem with. But it won't draw much money.

Guest dpddave
Let's face it, if we took away all the "overdosed-on-steroids" workers away, we'd have lost Batista, Lashley, Snitsky, Mysterio, HHH, etc. We'd be left with Cena defending against Mark henry every week.

Ye because Cena doesn't take steriods either :lol

Everybody in WWE, with the possible exceptions of HBK and Ric Flair takes or has at some point taking steroids. This can be in no way proved, but in most cases it's quite obvious. Sure some of the muscle heads get their muscles via hard work in the gym. Not all of them do though.

Guest dpddave
Everybody in WWE, with the possible exceptions of HBK and Ric Flair takes or has at some point taking steroids. This can be in no way proved, but in most cases it's quite obvious. Sure some of the muscle heads get their muscles via hard work in the gym. Not all of them do though.

Flair admited in his book that he took steriods. And HBK was suspended for taking them before but he has alway's denied it.