Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

Guest The Great Ahmar
OVW is usually good, especially now with added CABANA! Cody will be a star, oh and Roadkill has huge titties too, not as bad as Big Daddy V's mind.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Slim Jim
I've only watched the 400th episode. It was OK but mainly because of the fat guy's mini me. Hilarious.

Guest Popsi
I watched some of the battle royale on WWE Experience and my word all Khali did was stand there! Does he actually wrestle?!

Nigel in WWE would have been so awesome I would have wet my pants

British wrestlers cant get over in WWE without some cliched gimmickery. Something along the lines of "Soccer Hooligan". Actually Nigel would be pretty good in that role.

Guest PHIZZLE

hold on how can you can you watch ovw is it on tv ????

oh yeah i found this pic on the net http://www.wisebread.com/files/fruganomics/wisebread_imce/Cenahilton.jpg

Edited by PHIZZLE

OVW is on a local CW affiliate, but I got it via a torrent site. It was the episode with a tag team gauntlet, Cody getting beaten down and a yellow strip of paint being painted onto his back ("who's yellow now, you coward?"), and Burchill winning the OVW title. Oh, and Elijah Burke and Cryme Tyme turned up.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3521/003pv0.jpg

Guess those rumours were true.

Who's that girl? I vaguely remember a rumor about Batista getting pissed off at some Diva for turning him down... is that what this is about?

Guest The Beltster
Ariel from ECW. She was hot, sexy and played her gimmick perfectly, so she had to go to make room for the diva search retards.

Guest DanielFullard
Yeah I follow OVW. Usually see the shows a few days after they air. Its pretty fun and a good hour of TV. Best era was when Heyman was booking it in my opinion. There is a wealth of talent in OVW at the moment and has been for the last year so hopefully a good few of them will make the jump sooner or later.

Guest The Beltster

Here is the Hulkster...taking a sh*t.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/chrisppage/HulkShit.jpg

Guest SuperKick Kid

John Cena has managed to main event the last 10 PPVs and

He has won every single one of them.

What's the deal with some folks proclaiming that when Triple H returns and defeats Booker T at Summerslam - that he'll be "burying" him?

Surely it's completely understandable that after a long lay-off, a babyface who is mega over will return and be triumphant over the dastardly heel that's been bad mouthing him.

King Booker will suffer in what way? He'll lose, just like everyone who has even a miniscule of commen sense, will predict. If anything, Booker T is getting a break - his King act is a sinking ship. Triple H is his life jacket.

Remeber the old list of Meltzer quotes from the Observer regrding WCW? The one that came from the DVDVR boards and circulated all over the internet?

Well a bunch of new ones have surfaced...

"Jim Duggan came out next and made some remarks about Sting and then Sting came out and gave him the reverse DDT and was supposed to leave Duggan laying. At least that's how the commentators were selling it, the only problem was that Duggan got right back up and was marching around the ring as they said it."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (January 20, 1997)

"Eddie Guerrero double count out Syxx in a 2:00 ladder match. I've got a feeling watching a ladder match go to a double count out in that short a time on TV will make me spent $27.95 to see them have a rematch."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (January 20, 1997)

"{Steve McMichael} was rumored to be earning in the $350,000 range when he was announcing, haven't heard any word on what he's making to wrestle - or whatever it is they call what he does."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (January 27, 1997)

"NWO Souled Out (or suddenly the Royal Rumble was a hell of a show) poll results:

Thumbs Up 2

Thumbs Down 175

In the Middle 2"

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (February 3, 1997) These were the preliminary poll results.

"Bischoff made a remark that they didn't have to give tickets away at a 7-11 to get people to come to this PPV. That was in reference to the WWF which only could get 48,000 paid for its show last week."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (February 3, 1997) In reference to Souled Out and the Royal Rumble.

"The idea was to spoof beauty contests but it was so lame the crowd began chanting for Debra McMichael."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (February 3, 1997)

"Miss NWO finally ended with the sight of Bischoff French kissing an overweight mid 50s woman to no cheers, even fewer laughs, and a lot of gagging around the country. By this time the show was as much fun to watch as three hours of somebody masturbating. In fact, I'm not sure that isn't what we were watching."

"Benoit threw Konnan over the top for the DQ. Jacquelyn was supposed to pull a chair from under the ring but some WCW idiot had grabbed the chair and was sitting in it and she, on live TV, started looking for a chair and looking for a chair and what a disaster that turned out to be."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (February 10, 1997)

"Piper talked into the toilet bowl at Hogan."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (February 24, 1997)

"A fan hit the ring during the brawl which was funny because the fan forgot to sell Hall and Savage's punches but at least he ran away quickly."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (March 3, 1997)

"{At the American Film Market 97} only two movies with wrestlers were screened ... The other was Hogan's Santa With Muscles whose first screening attracted all of seven people and whose second screening attracted zero."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (March 17, 1997)

"Ice Train pinned Maxx in the dark match. Report was that it was about as good as you'd expect."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (March 24, 1997)

"The NWO did an interview. They pretended to be stoned. They pretend very well."

"None of the announcers recognized the elimination and it wasn't until Michael Buffer announced it (it's really scary when he's the quickest on the draw) that any of them realized the top rope rule."

"Dusty {Rhodes} was really horrid here because he thought Ciclope was Parka because of the horns on his costume (of course it's Psicosis, not Parka who is the one with the horns)."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (March 31, 1997)

"Joe Gomez ran in while Renegade watched (the world was just waiting for the Renegade vs. Joe Gomez feud)."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (April 7, 1997)

"{Luna Vachon} talked about taking the womens belt from Madusa. Of course Madusa doesn't hold that belt. Akira Hokuto does, but with the communication withing this company, I don't blame her for the mistake."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (April 21, 1997)

From the Observer Mailbag

"#8) Why didn't I dial 1-800-Collect instead of the Warrior hotline?"

8) Because you were afraid Lee Marshall would answer the phone and make a lousy weasel joke and you'd have to hear Mike Tenay and Tony Schiavone in the background laughing at it."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (May 12, 1997)

"Larry Zbyszko didn't know who Roger Clemens was but did bring up Bronko Nagurski as a name everyone should have heard of."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (August 4, 1997)

"{Bischoff} claimed WWF would be out of business in six months."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (October 27, 1997) Backstage meeting with the wrestlers.

"{Bischoff} also said something to the effect that there are only three wrestlers in the room that have ever put asses in the seats and they were Hogan, Piper and Savage and said he was willing to to debate anyone if they disagreed with that assessment."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (October 27, 1997) Backstage meeting with the wrestlers.

"After the match, {Van} Hammer carried Riggs from the ring into the crowd, I guess to signify them kidnapping his soul."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (December 1, 1997)

"The show opened with a dark match as the American Patriots (Curtis "Chip the Firebreaker" Thompson and Todd Champion aka Todd Brafford) returning beating the Samoan Swat Team, billed as Samu and Fatu, although it was the original Samu and the Fatu was Sam Fatu, better known as Samoan Savage and Tonga Kid. All reports are that this match wasn't good, so that should pretty well guarantee they get signed."

- Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer (December 22, 1997)

"Miss NWO finally ended with the sight of Bischoff French kissing an overweight mid 50s woman to no cheers, even fewer laughs, and a lot of gagging around the country. By this time the show was as much fun to watch as three hours of somebody masturbating. In fact, I'm not sure that isn't what we were watching."

....eugh...I remember that. It was late too and I was half asleep, I thought I dreamt that scene as it was so surreal.

....eugh...I remember that. It was late too and I was half asleep, I thought I dreamt that scene as it was so surreal.

And for some reason the WWF decided to come back and top WCW by showing us all Maw Young's tatas. :sad5: ... :sad5: ... :sick

Mr. Kennedy, also known as Ken Kennedy is an American professional wrestler currently performing for World Wrestling Entertainment on the RAW brand. Proudly doing the honors of announcing his own ring introductions in quite an unorthodox fashion, Ken Kennedy has quickly turned heads and made his presence known as one of WWE’s most promising, confident and big mouthed Superstars.

Insisting the spotlight be focused strictly on him at all times, Mr. Kennedy made quite the memorable debut on SmackDown chastising Tony Chimmel’s efforts in making Mr. Kennedy’s ring introduction… a moment most other newcomers would savor and dream of. Instead, Mr. Kennedy took matters into his own hands, demonstrating how he thought the job should be done doing the introductions of not only his opponent, Funaki, but in Mr. Kennedy’s eyes… most importantly… himself! And once the formalities are out of the way, Mr. Kennedy makes sure to keep the spotlight on him, inflicting pain on his opponents and guaranteeing a win and post match ring announcement by Mr. Kennedy himself as the winner of the match.

Be sure to catch Mr. Kennedy on Tom Green Live on this coming Tuesday, July 24th at 11pm!

If anyone is still up by then...

http://www.tomgreen.com

Guest the HiTman
I miss Austin as an in ring performer. :(

Damn it so do I!

I miss everything about Austin to be honest.

Edited by the HiTman