Martial Arts

Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread 2007

Dead Crow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cathal
Ohio.com has published an interview with WWE RAW superstar King Booker in order to promote the upcoming RAW event in Akron, Ohio.

One of the most interesting parts of the interview is when Booker was asked about switching from SmackDown to RAW. Booker said, "'I'm a soldier. 'Just give me my gun, and I'll go into battle. It doesn't matter if I'm on Raw or SmackDown! I really don't want to be on ECW. If I got drafted to ECW, I probably would have resigned to be honest. Being drafted back to Raw is a great thing. I'm looking forward to going in there and just continuing what I do, and that's wrestle, performing and giving the crowd what they want to see.''

He's not a fan of ECW then.

Ok, I think you understood me wrong. I don't have a problem with a Henry vs. Hornswoggle match. I just put them as examples because DraVen said that we'd only have Cena vs. Henry then because they aren't roid users, which to me is absolutely ridiculous because Cena is on steroids. So I just switched Hornswoggle for Cena.

I'm more inclined to believe Meltzer that Cena is clean.

Guest The Crippler

Kinda looking forward to Triple H coming back now. At least he gets some sort of reaction. The main thing I see now is the distinct non-reaction loads of guys get. We rarely see a hot as hell feud because hardly anyone is hot as hell. Triple H isn't even hot as hell now but he's an improvement on the vast majority.

I was watching a match the other day - The Rock versus Chris Benoit on Raw. First time I watched a Benoit match since what happened (didn't seem as weird as I thought it would). It was a great little tv match and the heat in the match was awesome. During the match you had HHH and Stephanie come down which got huge heat. Vince then came down which got huge heat then after the match, Jericho came down to make the save and the crowd went mad.

It was just sort of watching this match and also watching the "From the Vault" footage on Raw this week where the crowd were really into Austin and The Rock, just made me yearn for those days again. Either that or a day now when there are guys who the crowd are as into as the guys back then.

Another thing, I've noticed that The Wrestling Observer are milking every single last drop from the Benoit thing in order to shift some more units.

"We've got a special offer where you can get all of our coveage from start-to-finish of the Benoit murder-suicidies e-mailed to you today.

If you ask for the Benoit coverage special, you will get six issues mailed to you today."

Very, very poor.

Shift the units Dave! Shift em!

Edited by The Crippler

Man, hearing the pops from just a few years ago makes me sad as well. The crowd nearly s*** itself with excitement when the glass shatters at InVasion.

Heck, even during Jericho's debut after the countdown and his video plays, then the words "JERICHO" appear the crowd pops huge.

It's such a shame now that the most over guy in the company gets mixxed reactions, and no one else gets as big as a reaction as him.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer

Yeah your right but I would say Batista matches Cena's crowd reactions SOMETIMES and even outdoes Cena's reactions SOMETIMES. But yeah it is quite annoying that the most over guy Cena often gets mixed reactions.

Another thing...whats the point of Mr.Kennedy being on Raw? He's lost near every match hes been in and if he has this feud with Lashley you just know he is going to get fed to him at Summerslam.

Guest The Crippler
Kennedy has lost all momentum. He is kind of getting on my nerves now which, if you'd told me that 3 or 4 months ago, I'd have been amazed. I don't understand the point in moving him to Raw if there is no real reason to do so.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
Yeah and it really annoys me that through no fault of his own he gets injured and has to give up his MITB suitcase, which we where led to believe was going to lead to him getting a shot at one of the heavyweight titles at WM and since he has come back he has been basically treated like crap!!

Guest Dave7g

Some translations I have noticed.

SP = Sane Person, FB = Fan Boy

SP "The Great Khali is attrocious"

FB "He's doing his job well"

SP "John Cena's promos are embarrassing to watch"

FB "He's not allowed to be himself"

SP "Candice Michelle is absolutley horrible in the ring"

FB "She's really improving"

SP "Ron Simmons still saying "Damn", is getting old now!

FB "It's very entertaining"

SP "Mark Henry is a fat sack of shite, with no talent or charisma"

FB "He's playing the heel monster brilliantly

SP "That Raw rating sure was bad, it's most likely due to the piss poor direction WWE are going in"

FB "It's due to the Chris Benoit murders"

SP "TNA is quite good sometimes, I'd like to see them do well"

FB "Booking, Russo, Spomonkeys, Angle is insane, Ratings, wah wah wah."

SP "Bobby Lashley pretty much sucks and nobody cares about him"

FB "He's really improving"

SP "John Cena's matches bore me"

FB "Well you are an idiot then"

SP = Sane Person, FB = Fan Boy KM= Kurtmark

KM "He is doing his best and mostly failing but is not the worst out there"

KM "Cena was a good rapper, now he just does gay jokes. So I mostly agree with the sane person."

KM: "Candice matches are actually fun to watch these days. She isn't great, but her matches are enjoyable"

KM: "It's as old as Ric Flair but never stops being funny.

KM: "I agree with the sane person here"

SP "That Raw rating sure was bad, it's most likely due to the piss poor direction WWE are going in"

KM: "It's because TNA is often shite, WWE wants to be better than TNA in everything even shiteness."

KM: TNA is good sometimes, wait I agree here. Sometimes being the word though.

KM: "He is not improving enough, some fans / people do care for him"

FB "Well you are an idiot then"

KM:"CM Punk matches bore me"

Edited for my pleasure.

SP = Sane Person, FB = Fan Boy

So you're saying that everyone who likes Mark Henry or John Cena, doesn't like TNA or finds Ron Simmons' appearances entertaining is an idiot?

So what you're basically trying to get across is that your opinion is correct and anyone who disagrees with it is a fanboy?

Khali is doing his job well. He's not the worse thing in pro-wrestling.

I find his promos, for the most part to be ok. Does that make me insane?

She is improving though, and at roughly the same rate than Trish Stratus did.

I (along with others) find it entertaining. Again, does that mean we are insane? Or does it mean we like something you don't, but that's ok?

He is playing the monster heel brilliantly though. Believable is the key word here.

They're not entirely to blame, but they must have had some effect. With this though, I will agree that there is more to it than that. But again, what has sanity got to do with it?

I'd like to see them do well, but you seem blind to any and all problems within the company.

Lashley is better than he was this time last year, which does mean he has improved. Again, you're tarring people with insults because they disagree with your viewpoint.

FB "Well you are an idiot then

Again, people are allowed to be different. I don't think anyone has said "you are an idiot" to anyone who hasn't enjoyed a Cena match. Maybe the reasons why are idiotic, but not the fact you didn't like it. Is it only insane people who like John Cena matches?

Edited by DC

Guest DarkMatchJobber
If wrestling fans agreed on everything than it'd be boring talking about WWE,TNA,ECW and the rest!

C.R. man, you've really "lost the plot" as some may say. It's rediculous now. I'm as big a TNA fan as anyone have been from the very beginning, but I'm not going to lie and act as if they weren't crap for a few months straight.

And also, I pretty disagree with everything you've said about the WWE. Candace HAS become fun to watch, of all the non-wrestler Divas in the WWE, she has taken the biggest steps and is now very entertaining in the ring.

Up until HBK's injury when he just ran out of opponents, Cena was amazing to watch this year.

And people do care about Bobby Lashley, or else he wouldn't be getting any kind of reaction at all. Don't you think it's a bit retarded of you to say no one cares for the guy when people pop for his moves?

Really man, just chill out with this crap, as it's rediculous. You've now surpasses Mr. Perfect when it comes to rampant fanboyism on all levels.

Guest Dave7g
If wrestling fans agreed on everything than it'd be boring talking about WWE,TNA,ECW and the rest!

Exactly, there would be no forum otherwise.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

My random comments for today

If Mark Henry was pushed on his debut as he has been since putting Batista out of action than he'd probably be a modern day Bam Bam Bigelow in terms of ability and monster heel aora.

Khali as champion makes sense now,give him a long reign and make him look invincible so that a valiant babyface can climb the mountain by winning the rumble than defeating the Punjab giant at wrestlemania!

If TNA keep booking their titles into oblivion than pretty soon no-one will care about them (do they now???)

Edited by FreeSpirit

Guest DanielFullard
be a modern day Bam Bam Bigelow in terms of ability

What?

I dont mind Henry at all, but to compare him with Bigelow is blaspehmy!

Bigelow was an awesome worker who could work top quality matches with almost anyone. Henry doesnt have that. He can do all the monster stuff superbly but in terms of working good, sometimes great, matches and working a crowd he doesnt have anything close to what Bigelow had.

Every other sport and/or TV show can be discussed without the ridiculous arguing, I dont see why wrestling cant be any different.