Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Network: What are you watching?

dsrchris

Guest Ciaran The King
Decided to go back in to Mania history last night and watched Bret/Austin from 13 and Edge/Foley from 22, both now classic matches especially Bret/Austin. That match just has to be seen

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got the parental controls on or anything like that?

They haven't blocked Benoit, because you can actually search for his matches. It was literally the first thing I tried to do when I signed up.

Nope, no controls, seen as DC had the same issue with XX I'm hoping it was just a glitch, I'll try again in a bit. Like I said though, I found it strange if they did block it because as you say you can find Benoit matches from WCW and WWE all over the network. Hell I even saw him get to the last four in the World War 3 Battle Royale back in 1998 the other day.

Guest pheadley
Have you got the parental controls on or anything like that?

They haven't blocked Benoit, because you can actually search for his matches. It was literally the first thing I tried to do when I signed up.

same here, but when i searched there was only one ecw match showed up.

My biggest issue with Mania XX is the fact that once you get past the entrances of the main event the program ends despite the timer at the bottom making you believe its not going to. I know why they did it (He who should not be named wins the title) but then why show the entrances or include it in the play list whilst at the same time keep other matches in? Keep the blanket all inclusive or get rid.
I had buffering issues with it, but the match is there. I watched it along with the opener from Survivor Series 2003 yesterday, so there's no Benoit bias in that regard.

Guest pheadley
watching the great american bash 96 benoit vs sullivan, there are no dots to tell you when the match starts or ends like there is for everything else.

Vince is holding a conference call about the network, the morning after Mania. It'll be avaliable via WWEcoperate

I'm currently on the fence about whether to cancel it after Wrestlemania, the whole non commitment thing is handy as i can alternate subscriptions between this and say Netflix. As much as I enjoy NXT I can take it and leave it when i can invest myself in some quality drama on another VOD service.

Guest Jayfunk
I always thought one unmentioned loser in the Benoit thing was Billy Benoit, the guy who was like fake Benoit. Bang went his gimmick Edited by dsrchris

Guest Ciaran The King

I'm currently on the fence about whether to cancel it after Wrestlemania, the whole non commitment thing is handy as i can alternate subscriptions between this and say Netflix. As much as I enjoy NXT I can take it and leave it when i can invest myself in some quality drama on another VOD service.

I think the Network is worth the low sum of £9.99. There is so much content and the PPV's just cap it off

I have to say I was sceptical at first but the amount of content I am getting for £10 without the need for digital storage or buying DVD's with the possible addition of even more in time as well. I am actually enjoying it quite a bit to be honest.

Plus I get to watch Wrestlemania for that price instead of the £50 or so Sky Box Office want, I honestly hope they keep it about and don't be silly and pull the trigger on it.

Guest Edgehead
I'm really happy with the network, its great to be able to think of a match you fancy watching & have it right there at your finger tips. Earlier today I watched The Shield v Evolution from Payback which I'd only seen once but its well worth a second look. Just about every Shield match was a MOTY candidate.

I enjoy watching the Countdown show, especially the recent trend of having NXT talent as talking heads, but the highlight of recent weeks has been Adam Rose.

That being said, this week's episode (Men of Mystery) has Adam Rose on another level, especially with the segment devoted to his Bunny.

Guest Jayfunk
If you are planning not to watch mania on Sunday but say on Monday like me remember to turn off notifications on your wwe app otherwise it will ruin the event by telling you the results like it did to me at fastlane

Guest Edgehead
Watched the countdown of the 10 greatest returns. Was pretty good but I would have put them in a completely different order.

I've booked the Monday off so I can watch Mania live through the Network, I never miss it, come hell, high water or a tepid build and this year I'm getting it cheaper then usual.

Watching a lot of the Beyond the Ring stuff at the moment, last night I watched the Foley and the Stone Cold documentaries and I'm part way through the one regarding the Heavyweight Championship - also known as the company trying to link the belt given to HHH to the old NWA belt - but its still a cool retrospective on wrestling history.

I have been watching the build up of Wrestlemania 30 with Raws. It is very interesting looking back at it. They did quite a good job of it. I enjoyed the Smackdown at Axxess episode. It brings back great memories of being last year in NOLA.

Guest pheadley
I have been watching wcw nitro and ppvs from 1996 to relive the n w o and it seems that I would say atleast 75% of matches end with a roll up pin.

I watched the Elimination Chamber from 2012 again today as well as Summerslam 2013. Bryan v Cena is still may favourite match of 2013, hell I don't think there has been a match better then it since.

Summerslam beat Mania that year so hard it's unbelievable in terms of match quality.

I watched the Legend of Wrestlemania programme from last years Axxess and it gets uncomfortable to watch when an emotional Flair talks about WM 24.