Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Network: What are you watching?

dsrchris

Guest bigmatt
What are these shows like Wrestlemania Today like? Are they worth a look? A duration of two hours and the threat of these awful panels is putting me off. If anyone is watching them, if they would list some of the highlights to check out, I'd be grateful.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some financial updates re the WWE Network from the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

WWE ANNOUNCES 1.3 MILLION NETWORK SUBSCRIBERS

- Today, WWE announced that it has a total of 1,315,000 subscribers on the WWE Network. The company hit the one million mark in January after the Network went live in the United Kingdom and thanks to the interest in the Royal Rumble. The Network started with 495,000 subscribers, then increased to 667,000, 700,000, 731,000, 816,000, and 1,001,000, before reaching the 1.3 million mark. It’s estimated for Q1 2015 they will have an average 918,000 paid subscribers. For WrestleMania XXX, WWE had 667,000 on April 7, 2014, and the 1.3 million number for WrestleMania 31 represents a 97% increase. George Barrios, WWE’s Chief Financial & Strategy Officer said that out of the around 200,000 free subscriptions in February, 77% of them converted to a paid subscription. The company also announced that April will be free for new WWE Network subscribers and that will include the Extreme rules pay-per-view.

WWE STOCKS SINK AFTER LATEST NETWORK SUBSCRIBER COUNT

- Following a successful WrestleMania, record breaking gate, and 1.3 million subscribers to the WWE Network, Wall Street was still not happy and drove WWE stocks 15% in the red. Just like what happened last year when the company announced the WWE Network subscribers count the day after Mania, investors were quick to sell off immediately as the news hit that “only” 1.3 million subs have the WWE Network. Last year, stocks went down more than 15%, nearly 50% to be exact. Stocks closed the day at $14.09, a 14.74% decrease over Friday’s closing. Stocks hit a day low of $13.75 after opening at $17.44.

Guest bigmatt

The promo for Chris Jericho's show on WWE Network tonight (immediately following Raw) with his first guest - John Cena:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pheadley
the 50 greatest wrestlers of all time, this is meant to be picks by wwe wrestlers on who they think. it was very surprising the fact that people you thought had the chance of being #1 never even got into the top 10.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Edgehead
Been watching a lot of Chris Benoit matches from WCW the last couple of days. Don't think I've watched a Benoit match since you know what happened. Its a bit uncomfortable to watch him throw a flying headbutt.

Guest bigmatt

Has anyone watched any of the new content they've been doing? Anything worth a look? I watched Renee's new thing (which is only 5 or 6 minutes long) and half (so far) of the the Jericho/Steph one.

There's a Roman Reigns documentary on tonight after Raw.

Guest pheadley
Has anyone watched any of the new content they've been doing? Anything worth a look? I watched Renee's new thing (which is only 5 or 6 minutes long) and half (so far) of the the Jericho/Steph one.

There's a Roman Reigns documentary on tonight after Raw.

did anyone watch the reigns doc, is it worth a watch.

Guest bigmatt
did anyone watch the reigns doc, is it worth a watch.

I did. Yes, I'd recommend it for what it is. Some nice footage of his family, upbringing and behind the scenes at Wrestlemania.

Guest pheadley
I did. Yes, I'd recommend it for what it is. Some nice footage of his family, upbringing and behind the scenes at Wrestlemania.

cheers bigmatt I will check it out tomorrow.

Guest bigmatt
how often does nitro get updated just finished episode 69.

If my memory serves me correctly, they put up the "first two years" (Nitro started in the Autumn, I think, so it was more like 15 or 16 months - Autumn 1995 - End of December 1996) around SummerSlam last year. Maybe they will put up the next couple of years around then, again?

• 1 month later...
Guest the HiTman

Thanks to Kam for pinning this to the top of the forum...just couldn't find it :/

When I click Attitude Era it starts in Dec 1997...waaaay after SCSA's KOTR win and speech and even after the Screwjob. Why miss the two key moments in the making of that era?

Also, is there any way of seeing RAW's from Episode 1...I can't seem to do it...